1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In The Spirit Of Imparting Useless Information

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wasted Time Lord, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Ah, those star-spangled nights of romance….

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. What have George Michael and wellington boots got in common?

They both get sucked off in bogs.....

3. both get sucked off in bogs.

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Ok, so you can read. ^^^ Didn't you have your glasses handy?

5. yeah, i can read. especially between the lines. hmm, how did you know i wear glasses? i'm long sighted, i can spot your kind a mile off..
    chortle.

6. Tanworth-on-Arden is where the 70s singer-songwriter Nick Drake lived and is now buried.

7. Was he watching you doing it in the window and took his eyes off the road?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I wouldn't rush to do that route again! I did Redhill/Dorking/Guildford (Hogs Back) Basingstoke and so on.... to Newbury a few weeks ago. I was reliving a blast I last did on my Triton around 1978 after my then girlfriend moved to nr Newbury. The route is now mostly full of traffic, 50mph, and definitely not the youthfull, lust-filled trip I remember! Enjoyed a 'spirited' ride along the A4 through Wiltshire back to Bristol from Newbury though...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Well, that's damned sad; also, predictable. I appreciate the heads up.
    Yeah, I did the A4 a lot when I lived in Devon. I've been back and forth between Hungerford and Newbury a couple of times this summer; only a tiny part of the whole, obviously, but I was pleased to be able to keep up a decent rate.
    I used to do the Hog's Back/A3 as my preferred route to London. But, again, long ago.
    I join the A4 - from Swindon way - at Hungerford. I have thought about turning right instead of left - and now I will, so thanks for that, too!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agree, average speed cameras along Hog's Back now heading North and this resumes on the A3 coming down hill approaching and along the Guildford Bypass. I'm certain Mike Hawthorn is turning in his grave. Best to go even further into the Countryside to find your favourites as a lot of Surrey has just become Greater London now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Don’t be shy. I’ve found a picture of her.:p

EAE09EF8-5D5E-4895-A750-237BB013D633.jpeg

#31 BIG M, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  12. Yep the early 90s, great times sorely missed. In the days before we could record or capture any evidence!

13. Ah, no, she was lovely looking and a lovely person too. It was more just that when Brits try to emulate American culture it’s always, well, a little bit naff :relieved:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I did a spell at the BBC and saw some famous people who are now locked up.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Not sure how this thread diversified but in that spirit, before we got together, my wife’s boyfriend was Adam Zindani, who is now the Stereophonics guitarist.
    I love that band, wonder if she could get me a VIP gig pass? :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  16. My old flatmate married the keyboard player out of a very well known supergroup of the 80s/90s still touring today..
    She is lovely (my ex-flatmate)

17. The mother of a well known PM (currently in charge of an English speaking country) shagged at least one of the members of the worlds greatest rock & roll band.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information