1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian Ftr1200

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Masklin, Jul 21, 2018.

1. That was the FTR750, which is the flat track race bike the FTR1200 is based on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well it looked cool so I looked on Indians.com and couldn't see one.

3. Loved the FTR750.

Interested to see what makes the production model of the 1200. Ive heard the high cans, probably won't...?

4. I assume, given it will be volume production, that it will have to pass Euro 4 or whatever the latest emissions standard is. That would mean cat and serious silencers unfortunately, which I’d guess would mean the concept exhaust wouldn’t work.

But then, I also assume the embargoed designs shown to limited folk at Wheels and Waves would have a more production style system on it and the word is that looks good.

Who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  5. The boss of Indian was interviewed in this week’s MCN and said, essentially, that some production moving overseas is a possibility but nothing decided.

6. It's a lot of flexing by some industries, you would expect them too. The key words to look out for is might, could, may, possibly

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Trump will be pleased........

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. what was the estimated cost?

9. Nothing to go on bar guesstimates, which suggest around the £15k mark. Will just have to wait and see and make final decision when spec and pricing is out.

• WTF WTF x 1
  10. Ok. It is a sweet looking bike.

I think I am in a similar market to you, based on the CCM and Fantic threads. The Indian is clearly much larger capacity but still a lovely prospect.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Beauty, best of luck with it. 15k is not bad (even in blighty money)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Masklin, I mentioned the Sturgis rally is on in the states, one of the largest and there is likely to be an indian come lookee at what is new with us, even more so as they have a indian store right on the main through road, Lazelle Street

The indian store has a live stream cam so you might, might not, see something or updates on the stores web site

https://www.indianmotorcyclesturgis.com/

The live stream cameras is on the dealer info tab

13. Cheers, noobie. Will keep an eye on it :upyeah:

14. OMG :scream: It's been Monsterised.

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Looks like it will need an optional single seat, new decat exhaust and hope the headlight is improved over the one on that image.

Recent information on models and full info and prices available 1st October:

Just spoken to a dealer on the FTR1200, and it appears that all the relevant information will be with them on 1st October. Basically, there will be three models, the 'basic', the 'S' and the 'SR'. The first will be as it says basic and in all black, the S will have a red frame and red/white tank, and the SR will be the all singing/dancing with fully adjustable suspension, etc. There will be probably not be many more than 500 units coming into the country in the first instance.
    FTR 1200 diagram.jpg

16. It's lost the looks of the original looking bike which for me is a shame, as the market is awash with clones such as the one above

17. What is it with the ‘smacked in the face’ headlights on some bikes! FFs :confused:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information