1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indiana Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by DavidC, May 9, 2020.

1. great job, and such a difference :upyeah:

2. I have tried a carbon fibre vinyl- but I'm thinking I will paint the side panel holder/cover plate black or Silver.
    Anyone got any other ideas?

Bracket CF1.jpg

RHS Carbon1.jpg

3. Black :upyeah:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. The alloy frame brace between the cylinders may look better in black too I think. It’s an odd component to highlight and the rest of the frame is black. Possibly compromise on a dark grey?

• Like Like x 1
  5. the engine stabiliser bar, like the most of the engine cases, were chrome on aluminium. The chrome peeled partially off and was a nightmare to remove hence the polished stabiliser and powder coated cases.
    I think black or silver instead of the carbon fibre

• Like Like x 2
  6. Black, it will sort of make the lines of the paint scheme flow if you get what i mean?
    But when it comes to it it's your choice:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I'll try gloss black first and see what it looks like

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hi, can you tell me the length of the swing arm please, the centre of the wheel spindle to pivot point centres.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

9. I will be in the workshop tomorrow, I'll measure then.

regards David C

10. Thank you!

11. What are you up to now Sam? Something to do with your TT replica project?

12. Sam,
    With a new chain - correctly adjusted and the axle roughly center of the rear slot- it reads 500mm C/L to C/L - swing arm pivot to the axle center

Swing arm length.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheers thats a wee bit longer than the Pantah.

14. Hi Derek, how are ye keeping?
    No I have or what i think is a Montjuich swing arm for that. Was thinking that it may be a good addition for the other 600 Pantah I have, along with the monocoque tank seat unit and frame modifications. I have not touched any bikes for over a year now and have work up until the end of April at the moment. Thought I may have regained interest and finish the BMW kneeler but that fizzled out and only have the wiring and mount the fairing for the TT then paint and it turns 40 next year so see how work is after April.
    Sam

15. Sam, although it is around the same year as the Indiana, the montjuich is more akin to the SS750. the Indiana is more like the Cagiva range.
    Although I've already tried to use an Elefant rear wheel to no avail.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The swing arm I picked up has the same dia swing arm spindle as the Pantah the SS has the smaller dia pivot, do you know what size the Indiana has? I kinda liked the idea of an alloy swing arm when I finally get around to that one. Have a ss there as well and another which had a botched frame which was junked so thought about maybe a Ducati kneeler for road use. 20190809_150032[1].jpg

17. Unfortunately, the swing arm pivot is encased by a set of end covers. it's mounted via a set of pinch bolts and its part no. is Cagiva 066749040.
    I don't have the diameter- but they can be found on line for sale- maybe some one would send you a measurement

• Like Like x 2
  18. The seal is 28x38x7 suggesting that the spindle diameter is 28mm.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Just measured the pantah and thats 30mm or the pantah motor that im using in the TT, but I reamed out the worn bushes
    and used a Darmah spindle which I had hard chromed then re-ground

20. I don't know exactly what diameter is, but the drawing in the parts book looks less than 28mm. more like 18

Do Not Sell My Personal Information