1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert A Video

Discussion in 'Forum How To's - create an Avatar/Event/Group etc?' started by Bullitt, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I have a video file that I would like to post - it's not from a website, I don't have you-face or the like...

Any help would be great!!

Cheers

2. Upload to Youtube and link it in.

3. what if I don't want it on youtube?

4. I have a clip which i would like to upload but do not want to join Youtube is there any other options, Its a clip of the jump start at Mugello 2015 Iannone, that Mrs Roadtrip took and forget she still had it.

5. I have wanted to up load a clip before and couldn't :Bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Unfortunately the forum server hasn't got the capacity to hold all the video that gets posted or that people want to post, therefore it has to be linked to an outside video server like YouTube.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. If you have some web space somewhere, might be some associated with your broadband account (read the full spec. from your provider's website), you might be able to host it there. Otherwise rent some, it's cheap. You'll need to use something like Video JS as a player to make your video play back in most browsers. You'll also need to encode the video in the correct codecs (format), you'll likely need two or three versions (MP4, WebM and OGV) to suit all browsers. Freemake is useful for this but install that manually being careful about install options to keep crap off your PC.

Pros: Cheap and in your control
    Cons: Steep learning curve (some may enjoy that...). Your std. web space, if you have any, may have caps on bandwidth. And playing back inside of a forum like this won't work unless they allow iframes, you have to link out to your video in a new window.

YouTube or Vimeo suddenly got more appealing, yes?

8. Vimeo is a free video site & is good versus do-no-evil google aka jewtube.

9. Vimeo tends to get used a lot by the action sports world for uploading video content. Trouble is, though quality of edits are good, it's slower than a slow thing from Slowchester to upload and play.

10. Hence the last paragraph ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information