1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insomnia

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Jan 3, 2013.

1. It's a bitch!

This is the 4th night on the trot that I can't sleep. Mixture of work and personal stress :frown:

I can see this lasting a long time :mad:

2. It's 4 am here :(

3. It's bloody statins that wake me up...bad dreams/temporary depression and weird sleep pattern.I'll be fast akip by 6 and wake knackered at 7...bummer,but at least I know what causes it

4. I'm still awake .. Taken double sleep aid and heads just buzzing .
    I want to sleep but I can't :(

5. I want to go to sleep but I'm at work.

Been awake since 8am yesterday, won't get to bed 'till 7.30am

6. Hint:search ebay/t'interweb for Discovery boot liners,that'll bore you to sleep....(it has me anyway-I'm outtahere...)

7. They'll never fit, due to multiple boot floor pans that would've been welded in to cover the old rot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Grrr. At least you lot are all at home... Im getting through my last 12 hour nightshift of 3. At least I get a week off when I get finished later.

9. The real bugger comes when I try to get back into normal time, waking up in the daytime and spending all night asleep. 12 hour nights knocks you right out of whack, and it can take a week to get properly adjusted again, BAH.

10. Done night shifts yes it does mess you up.
    I'm still awake looking at the ceiling half the night .....
    No excuse .. Busy mind ..

11. PHP:
    Have you tried the old pen and paper thing? Have a pen and pad next to the bed and write down the stuff that comes in your mind and stops you sleeping. I do it with work stuff, if it's written down, I can't forget it it, so tend to worry about it less.

if that fails, a good seeing to usually helps. :upyeah:

12. Normally if its bog standard stuff I will jot it down then In the morning tear it up.
    They say to mentally acknowledge something and then let it go..

This doesn't fall into it sadly or I would.

As for that cure ... Yes it works but it's not an option .

13. Yoga relaxation breathing and good old counting

I rarely get to 20 with this method - bit like good old fashioned counting sheep but for the modern age - you can count Ducatis round a circuit if its easier

14. im in shitstate with my sleep too tel ...I feel 80

15. LOL! Although strangely,I've owned 4 old Discos,(bought a Td5 last Sunday),but never had one with any rust issues or that have had welding done....:upyeah:

16. Now in the office and feel like shite. Still full of cold and barking like a dog. And my eyes are so tired I cannot see straight. This is not fun.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You need a bacon buttie and strong coffee ;-)

18. And the love of a good woman :wink:

19. :biggrin:

Looking at the post times.....your just an amateur insomniac El T

Do Not Sell My Personal Information