1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Partial Refund

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Dave L, Apr 24, 2020.

1. So Admiral have become the first UK motor insurance Company to offer its customers partial refunds due to Covid-19.
    Do you think this is going to become widespread and that we're likely to see this with motorcycle insurance policies?
    What about such things as limited mileage policies.... are we going to be able to carry unused mileage over to next year?

2. Hope so. Would also like the DVLA to issue road tax refunds without having to SORN and then buy again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm not holding my breath!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Admiral took £25 off I think? Cheap for the amount of publicity they got. But if you shop around on your recovery/breakdown cover and get one policy that covers all your vehicles, you might save £200.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a bike renewal coming up soon so I called Bikesure to find out what their policy is on refunds. There was some mumbling and then the girl settled on "There would be a pro rata refund, but I don't know what that is". So I said I would hold whilst she found out.

After listening to the music for a while a different girl came on the line and asked me when I would want to cancel etc so that she could calculate the refund. I told her I would like to know how much of a refund I would be due, if I cancelled two months into a policy. Given that we are in the middle of a lockdown and who knows if there will be a second wave, causing a second lockdown it seemed a reasonable question.

On a multibike policy, costing £183.00, after eight weeks should I cancel I would receive a refund of £7.00.

So think about it before you renew, or ask the question yourselves?

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Not affected as I have no active vehicle insurance, anyway. But what is your thinking on this? You can still drive for certain reasons and part of the insurance is for things like theft and fire?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I think its legalised theft.

A refund of 3.8% with ten months -83%- still to run. Bastards.

#7 Jez900ie, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Not heard anything about my bikes, but my van insurance emailed me to say I was getting £25 refund

9. Thread moved

10. Did it have a reasonable excuse?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yes.....it didn’t like the neighbours

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information