1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Rip Offs Mce

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by nuts n bolts, Jul 20, 2021.

1. hiya i sold a bike and so cancelled my insurance with MCE. As i had 6 months left on the policy i requested a partial refund as i know you wont get 6 months of monies back.
    I was informed as there is a £75.00 charge to cancel a bike policy ( Admin) i will not get any partial refund.
    Its a total rip off its takes them approx 20 secs to click on cancel there end and they charge a rip off fee to do this.
    Oh they did tell me if you read there terms and conditions somewhere in them it says this.
    Pathetic is all i can say.

2. It’s all up front in key facts. How much cheaper were they than the competition?

3. It sucks doesn’t it and is something to ask when taking out a policy if you know you might cancel or change details. It’s not like you can let the policy run either because if the new owner doesn’t insure it and crashes or worse kills someone then they will come after you because the bike is insured in your name and because you didn’t cancel it the insurance company will wash their hands of it and so you are personally liable!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I’ve let them run in the past. Would still if not changing insurance was needed for new bike.

5. I always cancel policies, my understanding was that should a claim arise on the bike you sold if it has no insurance you’ll be pursued on your uncanceled policy.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Good luck to them. Title shows not mine. Insurance co would say ‘not insured’. Tax would be cancelled as bike sold.

7. An untaxed bike is still insured AFAIK as is one without MOT.

You don’t need to own the title to the vehicle to insure it I would imagine the insurance would state it’s insured under your name.

My mate sold a bike and didn’t cancel the policy, his own insurance company contacted him to inform him he needed to cancel. I should say they did this as they know it can come back either on his policy and hence them or to him.

8. I think its another insurance industry wide rip off. Bikesure/Adrian Flux do it aswell.

Its just like their endorsements count for an extra year after they are finished. Scuzzers one and all AFAIK.

9. The new breed of estate agents!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike-blog/2013/10/i-sold-my-bike-but-didnt-cancel-my-insurance/

so despite the new owner having insurance, their insurance company wriggled out of it and voided his policy (as said, probably due to not notifying about points or a claim), then the third party’s insurer finds the bike is insured by someone else, namely you.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Or Double Glazing/ Solar panels/ Cars/ Pension switch advisors/ Muggers...

12. I had such a bad MCE experience I can no longer have anything to do with BSB. They are totally untrustworthy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Just checked and I’m MCE too! Ooh goody :D

@bradders if you sell your bike cancel your insurance immediately. Read some right horror stories. Just do it :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Guess if you pay your insurance monthly by dd then if you cancel or change bike then they cannot rip you off, or can they ?.

15. Insurance companies are the worst of the worse.

MCE in my opinion are one of the ‘worser’, however even some of the newcomer ‘nice guys’ are going that way a bit as well.

Insurance company’s need proper regulation.

16. I used to be with them and got nowt back despite being only 4 months into a policy. They also failed to honour their breakdown cover when I had a flat as they didn’t have anyone in my area and had no interest in compensating me for their inability to honour their cover ! They are a dirt cheap way of ticking the I have insurance box but in terms of a policy that will actually protect you you need to shop elsewhere !

17. Seems a bit OTT mate. If Tesco don’t treat you well do you boycott Kellogg’s and Nestle too? :p

18. My Pani is with MCE. They were more than £50 cheaper than everyone else and every insurance co are looking to get out of claims so all the same. I looked at costs like change you plate (£45 iirc) which is double everyone else’s.

I’ll change again next year probably

19. Some very good tips from this solicitor, watch until end.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. I'd love to see any case, even one, where someone has 'had their house taken' from the case he describes. Convenient that the ones they had 'don't have pot to piss in' :rolleyes:: unamused:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information