1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance Rip Offs Mce

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by nuts n bolts, Jul 20, 2021.

1. I'm with BeMoto and was free to change reg number and was cheaoer than Carol Nash

2. Hastings was same for me a while back. MCE are never a 1st choice: calculated risk based on premium vs charges/hassle

3. I wont touch them either. Went to renew policy on my 916 which was circa £200, but was told it was going to be £900. Arseholes.

There are a few others I wont touch. Those that want a pic of your license. I still have my paper license as Im damned if I am getting one with my picture on it. Its a fucking ID card through the back door. I refuse to comply as a matter of principle. I already have a passport. Its a license to drive, not to access a top security site ffs. Yeah Carol Nash you can fuck off too you bunch of bellends. Bennetts? Knob off. Those owly c**ts can do one too

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. I just want to tick 2 boxes with insurance. The legal stuff and total loss (gets nicked) Not bothered about all the trimmings that come with it. MCE were reasonably priced. I've been off the road for 16 years so I thought 200 odd notes for a barking KTM SDR wasn't bad.

5. Andrew Dalton listed a case where a bloke sold his bike but let the insurance run as he wanted to get the full year ncb.
    Lad who bought it crashed and iirc caused fatal or major cost to a third party. The new owner had no insurance but a policy did exist; the previous owners one. The insurance company paid out huge damages then forced sale of previous owners house to recoup their costs.

6. Yep, a live policy keeps the bike ‘on risk’ covering third party. The policies underwriters are liable for third party. Which they pay in the event of an incident. Then sue you :scream::scream::scream:

7. Well sir you might want to remove the disagree. Let’s put it this way, the ombudsman was flabbergasted at their way of doing things, their inaccurate information storage. Their behaviour with the ombudsman. I would not divulge anything else and will stop there.

8. It was for the ‘I won’t follow BSB’ comment

9. Quite a problem for me.. I love BSB but hate MCE

Do Not Sell My Personal Information