1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance V4

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by cure dore, Jul 9, 2018.

1. and a low speed crash will probably be insurance write off.....so high risk poker for the insurance company/broker:thinkingface:

2. And your injuries following an accident in the car at speed should be survivable which for the same accident on a bike, might not. Andy

3. Without being heartless...best outcome for insurer is driver death. Way better than severely disabled which means large payout to cover remainder of life.

Worst is 17yr old, 3rd party student with A grades and offer forbtoo university; imagine the future earnings claim

4. I'm not sure it's even this. It's just that the UK insurance industry are a bunch of cnuts :) The whole thing about not being able to insure the car like they do in Europe is a complete wind up money grabber. I can understand that high risk people such as new drivers etc need to be treated differently but not the rest of the population.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Same for all of mine, plus the Speciale when it arrives!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Exactly, our vehicles only are insured here and not the drivers which enabled my then teenage daughter to take my Maserati for a spin before passing her test. My bikes are insured under my buildings insurance (not for road use).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. So do you top up with personal insurance?

8. I"m not sure what that is? We have compulsory medical cover if that's what you mean plus I have all sorts of public liability cover.

9. A couple of scenarios.

You crash into 3rd party, they have psychical injuries, who pays out?

You crash on your own, write bike off, who pays?

3rd party knocks you off, wheelchair bound for life, who pays?

I remember from being in NZ at best it was 3rd party (or injuries post accident) and alsmor every car was dented!!

10. I have no idea, I tend to concentrate on stuff that actually happens in my life, not hypothetical stuff!

11. Rip off Britain again.

Its far more sensible to insure a vehicle rather than the driver and would make insurance fraud far harder too.

12. I just wonder what the 3rd party position is like if you do just the vehicle. Wouldn’t it just push that burden to another policy, one that as a biker would be difficult to obtain and probably grossly expensive?

13. There is no change in what is covered. Not sure what you mean by third party.

The policy gets loaded only by the excess payable depending on the age of the driver.

14. Hit another vehicle. Insurance pays for your bike, who pays for the other?

Get knocked off. Who pays for your bike and the ensuing personal injury?

If it’s still the vehicle cover, it’s the same cost. Or am I missing something

15. I think you are reading it wrong. You pay your insurance which covers your bike to be ridden on the road plus anybody else that your bike hits. There is no change in the scope of the cover as far as I am aware.

16. So why would it be cheaper? The cost to industry is the same. It’s spread dependent on risk.

Vehicle plays a factor, as does use, miles covered etc etc.

The V4 insurance in plainly ridiculous and based on (I suspect) its value as that removes nearly all insurers rom a brokers panel.

Btw brokers are what make it expensive. They drive down the base cost then add a large lump on for themselves. Aggregators are even worse.

17. Maybe just insure it on the day you use it, and buy a crocodile to look after the other days

• Like Like x 2
  18. If it makes you feel better it's £900 cheaper then what I'm insuring my monster for ATM

19. Little shopping about and I’ve got it down to £990 with a bike trac, although I’m told that they cost £499 fitted. Still a saving is a saving lol

Thanks for all the reply’s ☺️

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sorry to resurrect this but who did you end up insuring with/through ? My renewal quote popped up in my in box which prompted me to look at the market. Unbelievably I can insure my 1098R for an agreed value (£20k) for nearly half what they want for my Multistrada declaring 10k miles a year. Almost as astonishing as the £2.7k quote for my yet to be delivered V4 Speciale. Andy

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information