1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insurance V4

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by cure dore, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Hi Andy

I went with Ducati insurance, I’ve got the mag wheels on mine........ well will have when they turn up in October ish. 1500 miles per year, £1500 excess. Bike trac fitted which was thrown in by the dealer and a £99 year subscription: £965 annual premium.

Ducati also went through Ramasis

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Shit on it. Think I’d be sticking to non panigale bikes...!

3. I still cant the insurance below 1970, some insurance companies wont even quote for the bike.

4. I know I'm ressurecting an old thread here, but I really wish i'd seen this yesterday before doing a trade in deal for a V4 with my 1299. I have been struggling to get insured for the V4 for what I think is a reasonable ammount. First quote was £8227!!! then I managed to get that down to £1253 through Ducati. My Insurers have come back with the best offer of and additional £211 on the top of my existing policy (£343), but they won't insure the bike without a tracker so another £300 plus subscription. The real sting in the tail is that the bike is an ex demo model and only 3 months old, If it was new then it would have come with a tracker fitted with the insurance Ducati offer. I really am struggling to justify ownership of this bike and i'm really starting to consider calling off the whole deal and keep my 1299. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Swallow it and have some fun for a season or two:upyeah:

6. I'm not sure, it's just taken all of the excitement out of it for me. I'm no spring chicken and certainly no affluent wealthy type with a huge dispossable income.

7. I had the same problem, insurance on that bike is a killer if you live within the M25!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thing is I don't live anywhere near M25, actualy i'm just off the m18! Those thieving little toe-rags on their scooter need their hands chopping off of at least knee capping!:mad::mad::mad:

9. Have mentioned this a few times before. Many Brokers can't insure any bikes with a value of £15K+. They always refer it to the actual insurer, who provide a variety of laughable silly quotes. If you want to consider insuring a V4/ V4S / Speciale/ V4R etc, only 2 or poss 3 Insurance Co that will consider it. These are Equity Red Star (ERS), either Norwich Union or Aviva. Brokers such as Bemoto and Ramasis/ Ducati Insurance may help, but depends on individual circumstances/ details. Oh and a BikeTrac system will be mandatory too. Currently being offered with all new V4/S etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Put the value @19950 not 20k

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. +£20k is the usual sting number...

12. What even if the bike was 22k? Would that not leave me under insured?

13. Not if you factor in depreciation ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ant the initial 20% drop due to VAT :confused:

15. Show me where there is a 2019 V4s with 300 miles on it for less than 20k. If the unthinkable happened and the bike got wrote off in the next few weeks then I would hope for more than 20k payout, hence my earlier statement of being under insured.
    'The bottom line is that your insurer will pay out what it thinks your car is worth – or in other words, the cost of buying an identical replacement'. -HPI.

16. Ramasis (was Ducati until earlier this year) were able to find an underwriter for my £40k Speciale for just over £600 last October. Andy

17. Did you have to have a tracker fitted to get that?

18. I have just looked on their site, it comes up with Wicked Quotes.

19. ?

20. I have trackers fitted to all my bikes regardless but yes, it would have been required. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information