1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Intake Fairing Fitting

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Ant stinson, Mar 8, 2020.

1. yup ...

2. Thought I’d mistakenly logged on to the wrong sort of forum for a moment when reading the technique there, until it mentioned fairing...

Back on topic, also had all sorts of problems refitting the air intake myself and was dreading doing it again, which I’m going to be doing soon - so many thx for sharing!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I’m booking a factory tour .... going to hunt down the t**t that designed that panel and punch him square on the nose. I may have a long wait as I bet the queue goes down the street and round the corner.
    It won’t make the panel fit but it’s going to make me feel better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. I’ve given up!!
    In 40 years of engineering I have never seen such crap!!
    Ducati ..... premium product my arse .... not any more.
    I guess that’s what happens when a car company takes over.

Rode through a summer shower yesterday the discs now gone rusty and paint flaked of the inner edges of the rotors
    Doing a deep clean and you can see the quality of materials is sub compared to my 1200.
    Front brake hose passes on the underside of the mud guard WTF ... can’t wait for that to get sand and grit blasted through.
    Lots of flashing visible on the edges of plastic work.
    Full lock to the right is restricted by cables and pipes.

5. Gone a bit of topic but just read Ducati ..... nay Audi to make a Lamborghini inspired Diaval.
    Rest my case regarding car companies ... next will be a 4 wheel Ducati X-Bow
    Lost the plot I’m afraid

6. OK, Just did battle with my black fairings after fitting an Oil Cooler Guard. The LH side finally slid in ok after a bit of messing about and bending the front of the panel out as described above. This technique changes the angle of the front tab on the panel you are installing to help it engage into the slot. This technique did not work for the RH side. As mentioned previously, the black piece on the air intake, that has the slot in it, only has to be slightly outa position and the tab on the panel just keeps on missing the slot due to its angle of attack and slides on by to the outside, no matter how much you bend, push or curse it. This is where Ant's suggestion of a wedge comes in and it works a treat. I wasnt sure where this was placed but finally figured you bring it in from behind the slot/back of the bike side (taking off the cover under the nose gives you access) to prevent the tab from sliding past the slot. The wedge catches the tab and guides it in to the slot. I used a wooden wedge 100mm long x 20mm wide and about 15mm high at the thick end. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information