1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Interesting 1198 Engined 998 For Sale

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Glenb, Mar 24, 2019.

1. I just get a member’s group only no access message from your link :( Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 593152F9-0849-4525-8D30-8933702C783B.png DE1021DD-815C-455F-9DC2-7DF01879499B.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Looks good fun.

4. over priced imho (but with stuff like this that’s very subjective) but I still love the old looks with new tech.

No offence to the seller btw

#5 bradders, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. John is a member on here. He’s built a few and knows his stuff.

6. Very nice. :) :upyeah:

7. First of all, thank you Glenb for starting this thread and bringing the sale to the attention of others. Also, thank you to everyone for all the positive comments. Bradders has the right to free speech (at the moment anyway-depending on how the world changes, who knows??) Yes, these builds are very subjective and its like many different modifications, usually costing a great deal more to build than they may be valued at when finished. I accept that with £8k in your back pocket, there are may attractive deals out there for many different bikes. (Much newer ones included)
    As you can imagine, it did cost a great deal more than £8k to build (and that's without labour included). I stopped counting when I got to £11.5K !
    If one decided to buy a 998 (or 916/996 etc) and then decide to carry out a similar modification, I assure everyone that 5 grand goes nowhere when buying engine, running gear, fabrications of quality parts including a titanium airbox (not hashed up fibreglass attempts).
    I have seen 1098 engined conversions priced around £5k-£6k , so it should reflect (I'd have thought) that an 1198S engine with running gear AND traction control, with all its associated parts fitted, with decent suspension etc, should be able to command a couple of grand more.
    My advert is directed at those enthusiasts that are considering doing a conversion, who would like to save a load of money and a load of time and head scratching.
    This post, by the way, isn't intended to start a major debate over pricing, I just wanted to explain my own personal experience.
    All the best.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If Bradder's thinks is too expensive then it's defiantly too cheap :thinkingface:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. If I had the money I'd have it...
    GLWS

10. They should make the 998 again as a “sport classic” excercise

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Looks a cool bike to me, worth every penny

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information