1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Myself!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ross Napier, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Hi there,

I will no doubt be scouting about the forum and asking all the usual silly questions that a newbie owner has for this era of Ducati so thought I'd introduce myself and my bike first!

I finally became an owner of one of these bikes earlier this month when I finally I got my hands on a late model 851. I first fell in love with these bikes back at the time these bikes were current as my father had a 94 888 Strada which he kept until the early 2000s (reg'd as B88 SEC if anyone on here? That number came off of my GSXR400 that I had at the time - suited his bike more than mine!). I wish I had bought his back then but hey ho, will add to the long list of shoulda/coulda/woulda have's.

Here she is:
    s-l1600.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    Ross

• Like Like x 14
  2. Welcome and lovely bike!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh yes!!!! What a newbie
    Look at those bins!!!!!
    :heart_eyes:
    your in and welcome into our mad house

4. Haha I have to admit that was a picture taken from the previous owners house - the bins and loo nowt to do with me :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Welcome aboard!!!

6. Greetings! Cool bike BTW.

7. Congratulations on the first bog ever on this forum, the bike looks a picture as well so welcome.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. :joy:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Very nice.

10. Hello all.
    Just introducing myself and my first post on any forum.
    My name is Karl from harlow England. Always had jap sports bikes but had that poster picture in the back of my mind of the ducati 916 from back when I was a teenager.
    I finally found a very nice 1997 3500mile 784. I know it's not a 916 but they look the same....
    Love the bike even thow I think ducati forgot to pad the seat..
    The main reason for joining a forum is to gain advice and see if anyone can help me out with diagnostic software. Being an engineer in the trade Ive always had a way to plug into my bikes just incase. I've found a free ducati/guzzi diag with obd lead and fiat 3 pin connector but not seem to be able to connect to the bike. I belive the 748 has a 16m module which is fitted with an ARROW eprom chip.
    Am I doing something wrong? Or is it the wrong software.

• Like Like x 1

11. @Chris or @chrisw

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. You need DucatidiagOld software (pm me your email and I should have a copy). Alternatively, use Guzzidiag and set it to the correct ECU (IAW16M?).

JPdiag will not work with your bike.

For the software to work, the cable must use the FTDI chip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Hi newbie
    Have a look around the forum get your bearings so you speak
    Once you found out how to post pics a rubbish bin will keep me happy :D
    Welcome into our sharing the love mad house

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hello all. I don't know how to work this?? Chrisw asked me to PM him my help for help with the ducatidiag OLD... how do I do this??????
    Just taken a quick picture of my bike to add. I will get some nice ones tomorrow. IF THE SUN COMES OUT.

20210904_162505.jpg

20210904_162510.jpg

15. Welcome along

Do Not Sell My Personal Information