1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Invaluable Info/facts Thread For 996r

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by 92GTA, Dec 6, 2022.

1. This has basically evolved into a giant 996R info/facts thread and there is a ton of fantastic information so the whole thread is worth a read!

I've received answers to most of my questions and I thank everyone for their contributions!

I do recommend reading the entire thread as there is a ton of great 996R info to be had and new questions that have arisen. Here are a couple of links straight to some of the more interesting/in-depth posts in this thread:

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threa...cts-thread-for-996r.94089/page-6#post-2030317

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threa...cts-thread-for-996r.94089/page-7#post-2033546

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threa...cts-thread-for-996r.94089/page-8#post-2037083

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threa...cts-thread-for-996r.94089/page-9#post-2052165

#1 92GTA, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I do believe they came with this track stand in grey colour, mine's missing.
    motorbike435798.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. The stand will match the frame, it’s essentially the same tubing in a stand.

4. From the handbook
    26F563F2-0E41-4DD5-A214-1D0BC6B6D431.jpeg

#5 chrisw, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Good luck finding the original cover, they fall apart after time

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice bike etc. but not sure why you'd want OEM tyres?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. I think because the OP is looking for authenticity and accuracy. Going to be a challenge living in the US though. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The stand I have with it is grey, but it's the newer shape that was being used in the late 2000s that comes to a peak in the back, not the old square one like in that image. Thanks for the pic XH558! Now I just need to figure out what the Ducati P/N was.

Yeah, I imagine the cover will be tough to find but nothing can't be found eventually I've learned. Just takes patience. The problem is that I don't even know what I'm looking for. There have been dozens and dozens of different designs over the decades.

As for the tires, Android is spot on. I want a set of NOS tires to mount on the original wheels for display. They are out there I promise you, it just takes time and I need to know the exact model and I'll start searching for a set date coded correctly for my bike.

Thanks everyone for your assistance!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thank you for that diagram and link, looks like something I need to download haha. I got my street and carbon P/Ns from that, great!

The paint on that stand is rough but that helps to get a visual. If it were half that price I might refinish it, but they think it's worth an absolute fortune lol.

If I could even just get some good pictures of what the original cover looked like, perhaps I could have someone local make me one from scratch to match.

#11 92GTA, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  10. I'm not sure if this is the original cover or not, as no R printed alongside the numbers 996, but it's certainly the correct material and it smells rather horribly of chain oil.:mask:...........can they be washed or not.????
    20221206_170528[1].jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. I believe that’s the one. :upyeah:

Everything « R » related, lost OEM accessories even more, may command a premium… :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Great, thanks for that pic.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fantastic,:upyeah: but why didn't the factory print the letter R on these.?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Does anyone know what the Ducati P/N would be for the period-correct matching grey FRONT paddock stand that works with the 996R forks?

Also, I've already found and purchased NOS left/right street silencers thanks to finding the P/N in that online parts manual. Thank you for the help on this!!! I was surprised by how inexpensive they were. Too bad the dam street ECU is nearly a grand tho. I'll wait on that lol.

15. Indeed. Here’s the pic I was hinting about above. 996SPS/F. I haven’t a clue what this « F » stands for though… 1D350145-A2DD-408D-976D-9857BE9C786D.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Perhaps it represents the Carl "F"ogarty motorcycle.??

• Like Like x 1
  17. think it stands for fuckin hell how much?
    (Like all ducati merch etc.. :) )

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. .......and viewing that ebay track stand pricing, perhaps the word, Fruitcake comes to mind as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information