1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investment Bikes For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 749r man, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Brave man. Think I'd want an awful lot of providence and to check the components first..

2. Xerox have Haga's old Ducati in their building over in Welwyn Garden City. I think they said it wasn't a race bike but just one he used for promo stuff. Still had all the trick bits though but never turned a wheel in anger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. According to the seller this was actual race bike used in 99 championship and factory confirmed that

• Like Like x 1
  4. In which case, SL2 or a genuine article..no brainer for me :)

5. Help yourself... too rich for me

6. at a tenth of that its too rich for me :)

7. Lucky for you they did not accept your offer.
    I know that bike from here in Belgium and it looks like it is not really what they say it is.
    Know also one off the previous owners who used it on the track.
    It is a really nice bike with lots off great parts,but there are a few bits wrong to be a real 996 corser.
    And if you pay the price for a real factory bike then it should have the correct parts if you ask me.
    Color of the frame looks still bronze to me wich indicates that the frame is from '98 or older.factory racers had a grey frame in '99.
    I also remember that the bottom yoke was from the older 916 racing with "916" on .
    But the worst is the front fork wich is fg43,great fork(has one myself in my 888).
    But not what should be in such an expensive"factory racer".
    Could even be that the '99 had radial brakes,but not sure anymore on that should have to check.
    I also remember that the name xaus was on the bottom of the seat.
    Great bike,but to expensive.

Henk!!!

#27 henk, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yes. They did mention that last owner was in Belgium!

9. My 996 sps will be available in the new year for sale! :upyeah: a good investment bike.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hmm... well - it is exact same bike i looked at in Coys showroom in Richmond few days ago. and it is going to auction in Feb

11. Maybe thats before the duct guys bought it, raced it, plundered it then sold it back ;) LOL

12. The blurb is wrong too. The 996S wasn't the SPS engine AFAIK, as it didn't have all the lightweight internals and sandcastle casings.

13. And the SPS was showa front/ohlins rear and no change to the undersea exhausts. All a little odd. But guess they must know their stuff... :)

14. sales guy @ Coys to his own admission didn't know anything about bikes. he didn't even know who troy Corser is... he had to get other dude on the phone for me to ask questions...
    but yes, there are a lot of inconsistencies in the bike description/condition/spec @ this price!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just glad I can't afford to be tempted to buy it LOL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information