1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investment Bikes For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 749r man, Nov 15, 2016.

1. haha. if you look at Coy's 2012 listing - bike has grey frame . on 2016 listing bike with the same VIN number has gold frame...
    how is it possible?

2. They had it listed as a 999 Ex Corser from 1999 on one press release so I wouldn't trust their judgement! :) If you can send them factual info they are obliged to mention though prior to the sale.

3. As above - try asking them - could be fun :)

4. I think Coy's used this forum to glean some info about Ducati's. Hence why there are so many mistakes.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. More likely @Exige will know what to ask...he has form for bothering people about mythical bike :p ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. PMSL auto correct sandcast to sandcastle! Maybe that will make the ad too... ;)

7. I hate "Story" bikes. This one is a proper Jackanory job. :Meh:

8. Around these parts, "bitsa promo bikes" are called prototypes..

9. they are fucking snobs... looked me up and down when i walked in. just cos i don't wear tweed jacket and look under 40?
    they become interested in talking to me when i mentioned that i own quite a few of the car models they had on display in the showroom thou

10. You look under 40 :Wideyed:

11. I thought he was saying he didn't, along with not wearing tweed ;)

12. It is unclear -he is wise due to his great age and twists words to leave mighty smoke screen :)

13. ha. they were snobs thou... and same time as me other guy in tweed jacket walked in and they were all over him.

14. Matalan have a lovely line in tweed in season right now ;)

15. Hmm, I've got a tweed jacket that may or may not have been worn by Corser. I wonder if I should auction it.

16. Defo. Especially if it wasn't worn by Foggy too :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Like i said all ready there are a few things wrong.
    Great bike i would not mind to have but NOT at that price.
    If you look at this link,and you look at the pictures with the documents you can see the frame number ZDM916s003571.
    I don't know what frame numbers the corse bikes had.
    But it would really suprise me that a 996 factory frame of a race bike will start with 916!!!i would think it would be 996.
    1999 Ducati Factory 996 RS Superbike | Coys of Kensington

Henk!!!

18. I don't think it's proper :D
    Anyone got the engine number? If you have both Ducati will check and confirm what the bike is.

19. I've been told by invisible man over the phone while @ Coys that he visited factory with all the docs and numbers and they confirmed to him official pedigree of the bike. I am quite surprised thou that place like Coys would get involved with anything which is not clear cut 100% as this bike clearly is...
    All about tweed

20. Ask Ian Falloon about the Museum Director's knowledge who Christies and Bonham's speak to - you might be surprised :) email the normal customer service with the number, it might be fun :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information