1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investment Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by d8mok, May 18, 2016.

1. So what you are saying is when your too old to ride them you will still keep them for some other reason until you pop your clogs? Sentiment, investment, ornamentation or something else. :)

2. I rang about this one after it had been posted on here.
    £2499 749 Track Bike
    Forged wheels - £600
    Swing Arm - £400
    Full Serpent Temi - £1000
    Slipper Clutch - £300
    Ohlins rear shock - £300

Was going to put it on the road on a daytime MOT - but you can't say it didn't make financial sense to buy it too :)

$_5712.jpg

3. did you buy it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Some one had already snapped it up - but what a bargain that was!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The low payout fixed fruit machine down your local will give you a better return than "traditional investments"

6. You're not looking very hard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I was very tempted. Gonna get me a 749 eventually.

8. whats ya budget?

9. Probably not? But there again I don't really need to! Hahaha

10. Your loss then, more for me. Hahaha

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Small!!

12. What about an 848 evo corsa? Local dealer has one, looks great but well over priced at 8999, something to look out for?

13. Aprilia RS 250 or Honda SP1 or SP2I If you can find one at a good price.
    Like most material investments the usual rule is keeping them for some length of time,which costs money in storage,insurance,etc.
    And unless you really know what you are doing,spread your money over a range of things,not just bikes.there is always Sods law to take into account.The market could be down when you need to realise your investment,or what was a sure fire cert has gone belly up.
    In fact there are far easier ways of accumulating wealth than motorcycle buying.
    But you don't want to be the richest person in the graveyard either.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smart last sentence, Mervyn. No one ever says , gosh I wish I'd spent more time in the office/ at work...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. T
    They do if it means not Being run over by that bus .

16. Offers over £7500
    I must say, I didn't know of these Ducati UK sanctioned MonsterMob bikes - but the Airwaves ones struggle to sell for more than a decent red one.

17. It's all relative , what do you want nice man cave or investment it's a very hard choice if you want an investment you have to be very disciplined the temtation is high not to ride them if you are a real motorcyclist. Been there and back on a number of occasions, in the process of selling mine now . If you have the money you can always buy whatever you want at any stage . Personally I've come to stage buy it use it and then sell it on , life's to short , ride and enjoy .

18. Similar to my motto, but: ride them, build them, collect them and have some in your house too, when I make my coffee in the morning there are 2 999R's and a Prototype in view through the dining room - it's nice, a longer motto yes, but nice all the same. No hang ups about not riding them as I always have some on the road too. :D
    I can't think where I would want to put my spare cash other than into bikes and I can't afford all of them on the road (if I could I would as the mileage across them all wouldn't be much)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Like wise 2 749rs and 2 mv Sienna's 1 750 1 1000 and a 999r

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information