1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investment Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by d8mok, May 18, 2016.

1. Yeah unfortunately mine suffered the same fate, but I only use it on track so it doesn't really matter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That must be a lovely ride Cookster... the only thing I didn’t like about that bike was the brakes. It was so fast, that it made me nervous whether I could slow down in time for the corners, so I ended up riding around the brakes on track. On road it was irrelevant of course... and I just loved the induction roar. I had an Akrapovic, but it was SOOOO loud I took it off. I got stopped by the traffic police (most of whom seem to ride bikes) who just chewed my ear a bit and admired the bike!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mines ace I love It , I'm running a yoshi link pipe and tri oval can just right really, nitron rear shock and ohlins internals up front, oz piega wheels and New quick shifter fitted now.
    20180324_123918.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes I clocked the Yoshi can. I also noted the bum-stop: it made me recall how I got yanked back in that slippery seat on hard acceleration! Lucky you :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Lol yeah it's a bit of a bodge but it works.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sorry to the OP... slight detour onto the subject of track bikes (again...)...

To get things back on track (whoops), has anyone else noticed how they want to buy all their old bikes back?! My list includes: Aprilia RS250, Ducati 998S, Suzuki GSXR1000 K2... (and my old Mk2 Golf GTI 16V come to think of it).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. d4d88f78cd7b4dd42ace5633062ea59dc978404e0984387d193fbcb64647756e.png 1

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. Best looking of the bunch I say :upyeah:

Had to get rid of mine though, due to needing to see a chiropractor after each spin :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. It would seem buying as an investment is largely not controlled by money but how much of it you can get access too if you are in a relationship :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. And your man-mathematical abilities...

11. Couldn’t disagree more, sorry ;-)

Actually, I like the SP1... funnily enough a friend has an SP2, and we had a lovely ride-out in Hampshire two weekends ago. I still recall these two bikes (ie his SP2 vs my 996) fighting it out at Brands Hatch (I was there when Hodgson won the title at brands, if memory serves me well, or maybe it was just that race... Hodgson was piloting the 996 and Edwards on the SP... all those orange wigs and smoke... quite an atmosphere).

For me though, the GSXR appeals more. It has more drama about it. I like in-line 4s as much as V twins, they’re just different. But that’s the beauty of these things, it’s all down to personal taste and preferences... the 996 still beats them both! (Ok I’m biased)

Oh and here’s a shot of my Minichamps 1:12 model of the 996 that Hodgson rode in WSB in 2002... the detail on these things is incredible!

926E0EE3-06F8-4D48-9F8B-3A5BBF3B4CA9.jpeg

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Yes it is, but I didn’t mention the limited edition bikes, the mono is a compromise and a better option if going for a base model :)

13. I could tell you a story about hodgy's mrs

14. Go on then. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Well, the year was 2003 and a few of us were doing Clacton to Oscherslaben wsb then onto Assen wsb the following weekend.

I'd bought a full size sex doll with pouty trout moosh and put on my mates 6 year olds bikini on the doll and had vinyl letters made up for her chest saying the name, Suzi Perry. I zip tied the sex doll facing backwards to my bike and then we all rode to Harwich, she survived till Oscherslaben but then dissapeared. I am convinced it was a riding buddy "trying her out" in his tent, she appeared tied to my tent the next morning.

We travelled upto denmark toured a bit, all with Suzi on the back but by now a few repairs with duct tape, till we pitched up at Assen on the Friday. At all times if Suzi was not on the bike then I was carrying her around after Oscherslaben.

Saturday we do a pit walk and at the back of Hodgies pit, his mrs calls me over asking if she can take a picture of me and suzi but could I put my hand down Suzi's draws, I asked why, she said I wouldn't be the first person, chuckled and took the picture and then showed hodgie too who I thought might have wee'd himself given his laughter.

Race day, we were at the start finish line opposite the grandstand and we zip tied Suzie to the race side of the fence only for a few moments later the camera crew and Suzie to be on the start line panning around to the crowd, as she did, she saw her full size rubber sex doll zip tied to the fence, the camera man could be heard chuckling quite loudly. She, sex doll suzi, stayed there the whole race but never to be seen again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I was tempted by and ended up buying a low mileage 2005 749R recently, not specifically for investment but as a bike to enjoy and hope it won't depreciate. Turns out that the first owner was "The Stalker".

Cheers

Q

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information