1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iom Tt 2018

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by saxman, Nov 22, 2017.

1. So after failing to get ferry tickets for the last two years, I managed to get tickets for my 749 and my mates 748 to make the pilgrimage :D

Now I need to sort out accommodation and plan where to watch and what to see, any tips?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thread moved

3. I’m going to say this to you. It’s going to blow your mind. I’ve been going for few years now and every time it blows you mind what these guy do on public road. My opinion for first place to watch is def got to be either in the Ditch right hand side of the marshals at the Cronk Y Voddy straight your low down in the ditch and this bikes touch the white line at 170 mph about two foot from your face. Or sulby straight in the church yard. Lean your head out and whoosh 190 mph. Blows your mind. Bit for first pass it’s got to be one of the flat out sections were you can get close.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I've been going to the tt for over 30 years. It never fails to leave you wide eyed.

Everybody has favourite spots and loads of good advice. I'll add my two penneth....

Barregarrow crossroads on the inside of the course with the farm to your back. Park in their field, farm does cheap, good butties, soft drinks brews. Decent toilets and amazing viewing, you can ear the bikes all the way from the 11th two miles away.

You can also get up to brandywell if so inclined.

As said above, sulby crossroads from the church yard is great and its a nice run through sulby glen up to the bungalow where there is acres of viewing.

Helicopter landing field just back from glen Helen,, park on Glen Helen and stroll on the riverside path or park in the field, toilets and fast food all day at Glenn Helen.

Glen duff council yard just on from lezayre. Toilets and council canteen at your disposal, you'll need to take all your food and drink though and your trapped for the day but it's a great view of a 170mph straight.

Conker fields just outside ramsey, trapped but food as drink usually on during race week, portaloo for the girls, trees and bushes for the lads. seriously fast undulating corner come straight... the fast boys are something else through here.

Morown church and chapel are both great, good views and great facilities,, just before crosby.

Plenty more, in 30 years you tend to have been to most places.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

See you on the island

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I have been taken my old Blade last few years. 2018 it’s tricolour time . Can not wait to wind it up over the mountain section

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gorse Lea for us.....I've been taking my rsv4 factory for the last 5 years....may go this year on either the hyper or the z1ooo

7. i'm really struggling to find some accommodation, I was hoping to get a pre pitched tent so we don't have to carry so much kit on the bike but everywhere seems to be sold out. It doesn't help that the ferry tickets I have are 3/6 and 7/6 so even if I find something i'll end up paying for two weeks rather than 4 nights. :(

8. Have a look at St John's football club website. You can post your gear. You'll have little chance now to get a pre sited tent.

9. We stayed here last year, right at the side of the track with access in and out while the racing is on. Toilets and washing facilities are basic but adequate. Although I haven't done it myself some people post there luggage over by courier to the site ready for arrival, then pack it up when finished and send it back. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4274
    Steve
    Glen Dhoo Camping Site
    Hillberry
    Onchan
    Douglas
    Isle of Man (Browse area)
    IM4 5BJ See Map [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Tel: 01624 621254

10. What do you want to see?
    I reckon you should try to get to
    flat out fast - Mountain/Sulby Straight
    between the hedges - most of the rest of the course (I tend to know near Ramsey)
    in town - Ramsey or Kirkmichael

I've posted stuff there and back (albeit I was staying with someone who lives there, so it was easier), IoM post is pretty good.

Pack midge repellent...

11. I've found a place at Union Mills that has space, is it easy to get about? Obviously we will have our bikes but it would probably be good to spend an evening or two in Douglas.

12. Yes, there is a regular bus that runs to peel and back. Check the last bus times if you're on the pop in Douglas.

It's a decent walk into Douglas from union mills and an even longer stagger back.

Taxis can be tricky and very very busy.

Railway boozer on your doorstep and Crosby hotel not a million miles away.

13. yes its easy getting around plenty of buses to jump onto ,,Douglas is good and a night or two in Peel is a good crack , ill be staying in Peel from the 29th to 6th so give us a shout when your out there and hook up for a ride out

• Like Like x 1
  14. What's the chance of getting a ferry ticket and somewhere to stay at this late stage, for one lonely old fool (asking for a friend ;) )?

15. Pretty good if you wait til the 28th....8.00am the release all the tickets that people have paid the deposit for and not paid the balance...i spoke to one of the operators last year (when we were trying to get ours changed) - i say 8 am - its when someone hits the key that makes it all go live at the other end, so, stay on there all day and keep refreshing the page...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Actually, saying that, phone them on the 28th and ask the question - they may be able to give you a more accurate time on when they will release them all (this year)...as in, down to the hour they do...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Who on here is going this year, as if i do manage to snare a ticket i'll be going on my own?

It gets cold in my tent at night....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I'm going out Weds morning of race week and then home the Monday after. Staying up at Laxey Football Club campsite (because quiet). Can't decide whether to go on the GS and be comfy or sportbike it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Still undecided on bike choice. I really love to take my z1000 but, if i dont "go italian" then id kinda feel left out on "italian bike night"!!...

20. I'm going out Friday of practice week and returning the Monday after its all finished.

Staying down port erin area and it cannot come soon enough. I'll be on my hyper.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information