1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iom Tt 2018

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by saxman, Nov 22, 2017.

1. I'm with a team called PreZ racing running Jamie Coward, not sure where we'll be

2. I'm see if I can find you....always nice to put a name to an avatar....as it were...

3. Well, the painful debacle of booking next year's ferries is done. 2 1/2 hours of crashing website and broken phone lines and it's done... Monday was as frustrating as usual.... All done now.... Now, seems worth it, it didn't at the time :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is anyone doing the Italian night on the Tuesday?

5. Is it down at port Erin?..... I might have a nosey if fine and the race schedule is not battered

6. Ill be there - its kinda one of the hinging things that keeps me taking the RSV4 and not my zed...! nice to be part of the evening as it were...

7. Yep. Port Erin golf club.

8. Am about settled on going on Scrambler.

9. Cheers, I'll have a look, going on hyper.... it'll fit in :)

Edit.... Is there any grub on? :)

#49 H2pots, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  10. Last time at Italian day in Bristol i put a sticker on my jacket saying "comfysofa" met Bradders and Kingfixer that day...ill do the same again...ill be on my rsv4, black held one piece leathers....theres grub @H2pots but its in the pub as far as i know...

Cant fucking wait to go....the last time i actually went out on anything with the specific intention of "going out on the bike for a ride" was.....last september....

#50 comfysofa, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  11. you're not on your own in "can't fuckin wait to go".... roll on the 1st of June, I'll be tuning into the practice via the tinterweb then out there on the last day of practice.... Can't fuckin wait to go :D .... I've been 25 times but the buzz never diminishes :upyeah:

I'll look out for the sticker:upyeah:

12. Yeah - last year was crap - 2 of us usually go but took 2 extra mates. One wouldnt stop moaning and the other came off on the mountain (and the weather wasnt great either)...factor in a nagging wife (she's been full on lately - thats a whole other thread) so this year i hope its better than ever...

13. You're not kidding about the weather. The tv shows don't belie the truth of the weather, it were shite, high winds and lots of heavy rain. We left the island on the Saturday morning after the senior and it were like a November day.

Plus I'd got bloody food poisoning three days in, spent the week going back and forth to the bloody bog... Still saw the racing though... Just eat fuck all on race days to keep me off the pot o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Good angle on the food in take race days but, sadly i tend to eat salad most of the week at work, cut the junkfood to the weekends so when we go, diet goes out the fucking window....so much so that me and my mate tend to regress and shop like 10 year olds (49 this year) and buy anything that can be consumed with the minimal amount of preparation (Frosties, bread, butter, [insert condiment here], biscuits chocolate etc) and when we go up onto the mountain course just pack even more shite into a bag along with a thermos.... A square meal at the TT for us usually ends in the Pizza King at the end of the seafront...

I did try to cook once and made a baked bean toasted sandwich (to avoid using a plate) but it fell apart...kids thought it was funny though...

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I got back on Sunday , how did your TT go , I got the rarest of rare things , a Manx tan , got out on my 1299 a fair bit , managed to make the Ducati meet at the Black dub on the Tuesday of race week for 1/2 hour or so and to sign the posters of Dan Hegarty .. best TT I’ve been to for racing and weather

16. Ah which one were you at Black Dub?

17. Was on a 1299 with black and yellow helmet the same as on the Hego banners that people were signing

18. Aha, didn’t see that. I left after about an hour. That’s a shame I missed that as I am a fan of Dan (and also enjoyed his contributions in Practical Sportsbikes mag) and would have been interested. With you being Notts based there’s a connection?

Doesn’t seem real, no Hego and no Kneen. Two of the best. :(

19. Yes there’s a connection , I was Dans mechanic for 10 years and bought him bikes over the years , I owned the zx10 he won the privateers championship on in 2016, we were great mates and a good team together too.

20. Oh man, he was a cracking rider. I really used to enjoy him at Oliver’s Mount on the ZXR, watching him and Boastie dicing around there on older bikes was ace. My other half and I were always really happy to see his name on an entry list.

I’m sorry for your loss, words are a bit feeble really. :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information