1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iom Tt Advice

Discussion in 'Touring' started by nice1myson, May 9, 2017.

1. Cheers mate

• Like Like x 1
  2. The straps are there and as said they do it for you but I do my own just to make sure of the fixing points, I always take a length of Velcro to lock the front brake lever on as well.
    Steve

3. Out tomoz for a quick camera test ,and 1 more week at work then leaving Friday nite at 1930 for the 0215 am ferry Saturday morning ferry from heysham ....whoop whoop can't wait

4. yes, the steam racket do a disturbingly good job with just a piece of greasy string. There are barriers the length of the bike, you rider where directed, park it in gear, try to work out how to get your leg out from the barrier side, and a nice man ties it up. If it's hit force ten, you might find another bit of string on your bike when you come down. ged only knows what it would take for them to use a tie strap...

I'd take things to do on the boat and have a little bag you can take up with them, and your wallet and have somewhere to put our gloves etc. Then it's time for the real competition - just how much lard can you guzzle...?

5. We're not going over til the 3rd (its the earliest i could get and even that was tight). Just got my cardboard box in the office. Weve got an office over there and we stay at my mates place. Pack all of our clothes into the box then wing it over on the carriers (i just say its internal stuff for the office) then my mate picks it up and leaves it at his place all ready for us when we get there....means we can travel uber light then. With regards to how much lard can you guzzle? Theres some pretty strong competition....i think the absolute worst/best (depending on which way you looks at it) place is the pizza king at the end of the seafront (on the left as the road forks). We usually end up in there and have a massive kebab for breakfast...

6. I'll see that and raise you a full Irish breakfast from the café just off the prom in Douglas. Used to be first stop after the overnight boat. When I was young and had less children and more hair...

BTW, I second the post-office suggestion. I used to post my boots, flask and extra warm clothing over to avoid carrying too much on the bike

Do Not Sell My Personal Information