1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ireland Tour Tips

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Bezza, Apr 4, 2022.

1. @West Cork Paul. I’m really very sorry for my late reply, but just seen your post now.
    That’s fantastic. I very much appreciate the time you’ve taken to put that together. You can’t beat a locals knowledge. Will let you know how we get on. Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. We had a good trip , and many thanks to @westcorkpaul for advice preceding trip.
    Weather was very good on the whole. Only got soaked once and that was within 20 mins of leaving the house, so it was Scottish and not Irish rain !
    We ended up spending 3 nights just outside Westport towards end of trip ,as the missus wanted a base for a few days. It was fine as plenty to explore in the area. We will be back in the near future to explore further south than Galway .
    39366ACA-A801-4157-80AC-3B75BF022EC5.jpeg 0FCF4CED-17F7-4A4E-9A13-4C8DEB9C52E5.jpeg 2E15E70C-CF33-4F8C-A21C-E3DE7C794B57.jpeg 8CCE65E1-7782-4592-ABDB-D58CD0D383AB.jpeg

D88EFAD2-233F-4376-9AE4-B448F7FAF604.jpeg

53A10B1C-B871-4A6F-B5BB-BC8E7529CD3E.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  3. Great photos and sim glad you enjoyed yourselves. When you return for the southern half give me a shout, happy to help out again.

Also for anyone ‘doing’ the WAW, this FB group is very helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wildatlanticwayforbikers/?ref=share

4. Some great info here @West Cork Paul . Few of us are thinking of coming over next May for a few days (not sure how many or for how long) but I'll plot your suggested route and see how long we need and maybe modify the route to suit timescales. :upyeah::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I don’t have my route app and don’t really want to register as I already have a couple of others I use can you share a gpx file or something so I can zoom in on the route for you please?

I don’t think I said take care around Mullaghmore :thinkingface: afaik the IRA are no longer operating in that area, you’ll be grand:D:upyeah:. Do take in the road around Mullaghmore head though, stunning:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. @West Cork Paul Has Tony been in touch recently to confirm we are doing the tour again next April? :)

7. Haha I think I misread as "take care" and not "take in" around there. I'll post a gpx tomorrow as I'm on nights atm. I think you can use myrouteapp without paying for it tho.

#28 Sprocker, Oct 21, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Not yet. BTW, April may still catch the end of the Rainy Season. May is better:upyeah: but I understand these things are out of your control.

I’ll download it on my laptop and have a look:upyeah:

9. ‘Rainy Season’
    :)
    Good one!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Can I come? :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Course you can. I’d love to get pissed with you :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Surely ‘rainy season’ is January to December over there.:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Likewise :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tbf I once did a job over on the West Coast (beautiful btw) and it was fukken roasting!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I kid you not.
    These past 5 years or so the weather pattern here in the SW has changed noticeably. May to mid Oct it will be dry 85% of the time. Nov to Jan it will be wet 70% of the time. Feb & March are more dry than wet, April is 50/50.

Its all a consequence of the climate changing and the jet stream shifting further north.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information