1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Is It A 916 Sps?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by FirePhil, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hey, I'm supposed to be the Newb here!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Yes :)

3. To be honest bradders, there is that much white aluminium oxide where the number should be, it's probably rusted off! No engine number recorded?

4. Cheers Exige, shoes back on, in to the garage again!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Everyday is a school one,THKs:upyeah:

6. Looks SPS but messed around with quite a bit. Airbox isn't stock. Throttles should be under it, not in it. If you have the VIN, drop me a pm and I can check. Engine number should be stamped on the cases, just under the alternator cover.
    Clock faces have been swapped... used to be the "done" thing back in the day. Think I still have a yellow set kicking around somewhere...

7. Do you have the bike to hand? Its whether there is one or not. And if not, has it been removed (tampered) with or is not blank (which could be cases replacement or maybe race motor I think??)

Assuming you have bought for someone you don't know etc, and given its condition, think I'd check out its history. isitnicked.com at the very least :)

Looks like a project tho, thats for sure!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. I thought SPS engines had blank head castings as yours appear to have, I.e. it doesn't show DOHC beside the valve inspection covers

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Bike is 20 feet away lol. Searched all over the engine, can't find a number. Where exactly are they on the 916, so I can check?
    Story is it was an old guys that became I'll and left it. Wasn't discovered till he died, years later. This is the sons story that spirit to me, no history, although you can see it's been messed (the yolks and fairings, but got it for the price of a normal 916. I'll just be happy when it's concourse condition again!
    Searching for the VIN....

10. IIRC my sis had one on the rear casing by the shock/swingarm (but its been 10 years!)

12. As soon as i find it, I'll message

13. cant you find the vin either? On the headstock. What about v5 - should be on there?

14. Tbh, engine number doesn’t help much. Once the vin is checked, it may prove the engine is the original or not. VIN is on the right hand side of the head stock. It’ll begin with ZDM. The picture of the silver decal on the frame is also the vin, it looks damage but could be a start.

15. How exciting - fekkin hurry up :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ok lads, place your bets.... SPS or not?

17. SPS

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sps and it says it on the tail unit

Do Not Sell My Personal Information