1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Is It A 916 Sps?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by FirePhil, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Ta da! Found the engine number after moving 3 bikes that is had locked up for the night! Needed a good scrub then a run over with a pencil. Sooooo,
    VIN - ZDMH100AAVB000809
    Engine number - ZDM916W4*000841*

I'll email ducati tomorrow with the new info!

• Like Like x 3
  2. @nelly is Ducati - he will tell you tomorrow when he reads this :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. If the reg is j999sps its just the frame ;)

4. I looked at the VIN decoder. Got the H as a homologulation model, now is that for all 916SPS or in my wildest dreams, a kyalami frame foggy rep!
    Air cooled as well, so not sure, but '97 frame with a '98 plate. Started her up today and still haven't stopped smiling!

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'd expect SPS but who knows o_O:upyeah:

6. Reg plate checker brings this up, probably should of said earlier....

Screenshot_20190116-215741_CarCloud.jpg

Screenshot_20190116-215806_CarCloud.jpg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Air cooled ??

But that's right 916sps's were 996cc

8. '97 916 sps

9. Or a 98 - they would have started 98 models around September '97 usually :thinkingface:

10. tru, looking at the fairing it could be either, but jan reg will mean a 97 produced bike. think that went 996 sps tagged in '99. mine was a '98 and had the 'ducati' only fairing decal

11. So either way, looking good for the new dude - and a lot of work ahead :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  12. tbh I broke mine and it was in better condition that that looks. But then they were only worth 7k mint, so getting nearly 6 by breaking was worthwhile

13. tbf you seem to 'break' them all :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Looks like the nose cone is a foggy rep stickers one. Side panels are different reds and dont have the bulge for the battery box. Tail unit may be the only original piece!
    Which bikes came with carbon fairings?

15. 996R fairing sides only and 998R

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Not breaking this one! Replacing soft fasteners with stainless, getting everything else zinc plated, vapour blasted and doused in elbow grease!
    Engine and belts already sorted by a good mate in northwich, who happens to build engines for the Ducati team in BSB

• Like Like x 1
  17. SPS engine number would be ZDM996.....
    No 4v DOHC on head casting
    P8 ecu
    Twin pickups

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information