1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Is It Genuine? 50mm Termingoni

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by FallingMage, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Welding doesn’t look quality enough. I’ve a pair of brand new 50mm Carbon Termignonis in the loft so I’ll do a comparison. Andy

2. Are you doing anything with those?

3. I might have some mint ones spare :eyes: off here when I can be arsed to remove them...

IMG_2877.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  4. Not sure. It is my intention reluctantly to part out all my 748R stuff as I need the room with the V4 arriving. Just need to get my head around how best to package what I’ve got. Andy

5. What are you replacing those with?

6. The same - these are later ones off a 998 I think, marked Ducati E3 on the end cap. I have sourced some period ones without the E3 marking.

7. Ah, are those the ones that have the heat shield on the cans?

8. Heat shield where? :thinkingface:

9. Beautiful!:heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

10. its a bit dirty dont you think..

11. Them Tamiya kits look more realistic every day :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. If it didn't have those pesky water slide stickers on it would look even more realistic :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I knew it wasn't real when I couldn't see the mrs in the background asking where the feck did that come from? you said you were just nipping out to see a mate !

14. This one:
    images.jpg
    the mounts are on the can instead of on the link pipe.

15. These are real 50mm Termis but the ones shown above do not look genuine. The welding is very poor and the securing band, by the pipe, is to short. Walk.

DSC03940.JPG

16. Ah yes, my new ones don’t have the heat shield mount so I will need a different heat shield?

C9BC78E8-A653-455E-8293-5D57BF92043E.jpeg

#18 Exige, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information