1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Much To Say Hello

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by panigale66, Oct 10, 2020.

1. A mate was after a MS1260s so we went to DMC Preston walked into the showroom, one person in the showroom and few members of staff not one said hello or give us the time of day so walked out and rode down to woods where he did a deal on a 2018 bike, today I went to DMC Stoke walked in 3 members of staff one customer and not one hello or let on to me, really shite customer experience from both. Stopped off at KTM Stoke to look at a few bike, going back next week for a test ride and maybe a deal so that will be 30K DMC have missed out on!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I had a very similar experience in J and S in Doncaster, no-one interested in me at all... I ended up buying one from Bennett's in Barnsley. That was a totally different experience. You'd think with things as they are that everyone would want to hit every sale possible, but it seems not to be the case with some of the larger shops

3. Makes a change to be able to walk through a garage sales area without a dodgy bloke in a terrible suit trying to fast talk you into a deal though eh?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. I bought a new bike from Bennetts in Barnsley. A great bunch of guys who know there stuff. It was a 500 mile round trip for me, but we'll worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’m inclined to agree. Much prefer to walk around at my leisure & then seek help when I want it

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. But there is a mid ground

They could say hello and let you know if you need anything or any help moving a bike out or a test ride - I will be over here - feel free to browse....

Then leave you to it.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Acknowledgement is always good and when followed by the freedom to browse at leisure with the option to ask if you want something will almost always get my business, I'm usually able to do my own research and make my own decisions as to what I will buy and have an intense dislike of "salespeople" and the false sickly charm that so often exudes from them, I usually point out that they have done no work to get my business and try to use that as an extra bit of leverage on price.

8. You need a different approach sir,maybe a little like this chap would get their attention.:thinkingface:
    images.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Fine line between making you feel welcome and pestering the life out of you. Like Hughdg says
    You just want acknowledgment that you are in the showroom and they are there to assist if required.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I acknowledge that it is difficult. In the (my) pre-accident days, a couple of us would be at Fowlers at least once per month. We would have a browse round and then repair to the important stuff (the coffee bar). We weren't there to buy but just have a browse and then a coffee, Really we were just there for the ride there. We never got hassled by any sales people but wouldn't want the hassle. But how are sales people supposed to know? Same at Riders, but I am sure that if I had been there to a buy a bike, then I could of got help. Well, I know that I could, as I did once buy a bike from Riders once (and smashed it up). Oh. actually two (but only one destroyed!)

You can't expect salespeople (good or bad) to be able to read your mind....

11. Got nothing bad to say about DMC Preston, always had great service from Kieran, Niall & Russ, great dealership.

12. I bought a bike off Russ about three years ago last few times I’ve been in completely ignored me, bought a bike from Woods in 2012 ever time I go in the first person I see is the parts guy always says hello Anna who sells the bikes let’s on go upstairs the clothing girls stay hello Andrew will give you a wave, it’s not hard to be courteous and have good manners. Go into Manchester and they are friendly so why can’t the other two dealerships do the same?

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information