1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This A Clutch Or Sprocket Bearing Problem?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by chueewowee, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Are they available in UK from anywhere?

2. @Exige? Something you do?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Yes, standard 15% Forum Discount applies for Premium Subscribers to this illustrious Forum :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Years ago, when I was checking out the ignition circuit on my old 900, I found that the voltage at the modules was down at around 9.5V because there are so many connections en route from the battery, and the modules are quite current hungry. I didn't evaluate the impact on the intensity of the spark but reckoned it wasn't helping the situation so I modified the wiring and used that ignition feed to power a relay instead, which I mounted on the battery box. This switched in a cleaner/ much shorter feed from battery +12V via one fuse. It brought the voltage on the modules back up and my bike always ran well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. I have heard of this issue. I must measure my voltage.

6. When I bought my SS, it came with a spare plug under the seat because it was so prone to plug fouling while warming up.
    A coil kit from CCW complely cured the problem.
    If Exige's cable kits had been available then, I'd have had one in a heartbeat as the painfully slow cranking wasn't even cured by a brand new battery.
    When I got the 999, I was hoping for more urgent cranking but it was exactly the same as the SS.
    A cable kit transformed it though.
    Best money I've ever spent on the bike :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Which was probably the cause of the original fault that started this thread.

8. The adjustment to centre the fork was between 1 and 2 mm approx... I had tried the selector drum, with cover off, It didn't seem to revolve all the way into neutral or possibly 1st gear. I think the fork was a partial cause - plugs fouling on one, and the cush drive also contributing,.

Ignition Power
    -----------------
    I should do what Pete suggest, install a shorter feed to the coils. Ignition system were likely OK at new, but don't last long for reliability. Wholesale changes should be done as a matter of course on takeover - its been advised here in the parish before!. Its a headache to go round in circles!

#108 chueewowee, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
Do Not Sell My Personal Information