1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This A Thing Of Beauty?!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by John - Ducati Bournemouth, Jul 6, 2022.

1. There are 6 of us coming down on different bikes for a couple of nights and to enjoy some of the roads!

I'll be on my 1098s

Is there a bike night at the weekend?

Rgds
    BJB

2. Cool - thank you both!

3. Hi. Sounds like a great weekend. There’s no bike night on a Saturday but I’d be more than happy to show you some of our local roads and have a beer after. I’m sure Mark would be up for it too if he’s around.

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's really nice, John, thank you.

Obviously I'll have to go with group decisions, but I will offer that to the group!

Cheers
    BJB

• Like Like x 1
  5. There are always plenty of bikes at West Bay on a weekend and a fantastic ride from poole if you take the weymouth coast
    road :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Absolutely right Vinne. I’d argue the West Bay coast road is one of the best riding roads in the UK. Would you agree?

7. C872141E-5C08-4550-9D5D-4EFD3BA6D0EF.jpeg

You can usually get an ice cream there too, but be warned, there is also often the “other” ice cream vans on that route, the ones who’s ice creams are expensive and come with 3 penalty points instead of a flake! ;): unamused::laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  8. That type of ice cream isn’t always the best tasting! I’ve heard that if you accumulate 12 points you win a push bike!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thanks chaps. What the number of the road? B3157?

10. Yep that’s the one :upyeah:

another good road is the a30 Salisbury to shaftsbury then the a350 from shaftsbury to Blandford, or pick up the the B3081 at shaftsbury, (if anyones on a motard you’ll want to detour up Zig-Zag hill, not so fun on a 1098 :joy:) through Melbury Abbas, up Spread Eagle Hill (stop at Compton Abbas airfield for a coffee break) and onto Higher Shaftsbury Rd to Blandford just stick to the speed limits in the villages you pass through ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Excellent. Thank you.

12. Also an option a30 from shaftsbury to Sherborne, then the a352 to dorchester taking in the cerne Abbas giant en route (chalk man with a big cock) or as you climb the hill on the a352 out of sherbourne take a left at the house and take the a3030 then a357 through shillingstone to join back up with the a350 just outside blandford.

some nice big loops those, from down here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The yellow is great, the white tail spoils it.

14. Yeah, It is a great bit of road, shame about the traffic. IMG_6385.JPG

15. Haha, yes, that route up zig-zag hill - the road 'over the top' and down again.
    First time I did it I was on my R1200S and almost forgot I wasn't on the Hyper! Almost baked ito_O

16. The Multistrada takes it in its stride. It is part of a regular route for me.

17. I would ,i am lucky to be able to ride it on a regular basis ,stunning road and well worth traveling to ride it .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information