1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Is This An Oem 848 Seat

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by dale900ss96, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Indeed.
    I am also a short arse and don’t like the SP seat for normal riding on the road as it is too high.
    I put it on for Trackdays and it’s great.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. So the SP seat stops you sliding back Ricky?

3. On the ride height adjuster I have decreased it and to 155mm I am 5'7" and I am comfortable, not quite flat footed but not far off. All these superbikes are to high its quite annoying.

4. Not putting words into his mouth, I find mine much more grippy but I also have a large arse so don’t have the space to move around that much under acceleration anyway. Andy

5. There are alternatives!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. As @Android853sp says...although with a more svelte posterior, yes, it stops sliding.
    For normal road use I have a race seat pad which is made of foam. It has the same dimensions as a standard seat but is much more grippy and I can touch the floor fine.
    I also have a DP neoprene covered seat which is not as good as the race seat but better than the OEM one.

7. I have a zero gravity seat on my 848 Evo, no extra height, much better looking than oem and far more comfy/grippy position :upyeah: Just another option.

8. I am the same size and had one, everybody that tells you they are the dogs is probably 5'11'' or taller and finds the standard setup too cramped.

They are really nice and lovely and grippy but I sold mine on, at my height it felt to me like I was perched on top of the bike and it pushed too much weight onto my hands.

That said the standard seat is absolutely pants too, so what are you to do?

Well if you can get a hold of the DP Foam seat that's a good option no height increase and a lot more grip over standard. If you can't get your mitts on one I'd look at getting it recovered with possibly Alcantara or race foam or the like. This iS n old picture but may give you the idea of the seat

[​IMG]

Adding Stomp Grips or the like to the tank might help as well, it did for me

John

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I have the super pole seat and hate it, would love to get rid of it - mainly because I’m 5,9 and can barely touch the floor! Does having the standard seat make much difference? Love that DP foam one above

10. You'll have no problem selling that on here.

11. First dibs please if you're going to sell it @Dobbie848

12. I’ll keep ya posted, I just need to find a replacement first...

• Like Like x 1
  13. There is a standard seat on flea bay for £49 with the bolts.

14. I have a standard seat if you are interested :upyeah:

15. Forget all other seats. Sargents etc. Theyre all rubbish. The ONLY seat worth while is the DP seat. For a seat that is firm it is surprisingly comfortable over distance too. Ive toured the alps on my old one on my old 1198 and easily done 500m a day on it. My only gripe is that they didnt make one for the Pani as good as that one. Its that comfortable. I'm not a lanky bloke either and I had no trubbs on my 1198, but seat height has never worried me on anything. I'd happily ride a tall bike. Its mostly about confidence.

My advice = keep it and blat away all the freeloaders on here trying to wheedle it out of you. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Good for you but surely it's personal preference. As for your last quote - I am willing to pay the going rate if he is willing to sell. Hardly 'freeloading'.

17. Ignore the freeloading bit, twas just a joke. Dont take it seriously. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. its a shame the DP seat is still not made/available.

19. IMHO Yes the standard/DP foam seat makes a BIG difference for those of us more vertically challenged and as @bootsam said the DP foam is pretty comfy seat for a so-called race seat. The foam has a bit of give, it's not one of these race foam closed cell bricks.

If it was me & I could not lay my mitts on a DP foam version, I'd look at using the standard seat as a base and see if you could get anybody to make you a foam top for it to replace the standard 'orrid slidey plastic. Surely gotta be people out there doing that sort of thing?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information