1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Is This Coolant In The Oil??

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by SuzaFan, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Hi guys,

Please take a look at below pictures and tell me if this is how coolant in the oil looks like?

As far as I know, it should look milky, like chocolate milk...

Btw, if yes, then my oil trace that I found on vertical cylinder is probably connected with this...probably head gasket...

If this is the case, I will be requesting new engine from Ducati, because I was 2 times at service and they said it was nothing...I have this documented...

Thanx and regards from Croatia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

temporary image hosting

2. Just to answer to myself...
    I have just gone to see my friend's Multistrada 950, and oil color is exactly the same...
    So either we both have coolant in the oil, or this is regular color...
    Btw my oil is ca 3.000 km, so pretty fresh.
    Bike is at 4.000 km, so also basically new

#2 SuzaFan, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  3. Do you ride short distances? If the engine doesn't get up to temperature, and stay there for an extended period, then moisture, from condensation, can build up. Going for a good ride for a couple of hours should vaporise any water in your oil and expel it via the breather.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Looks like used oil

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. The only thing I don't understand is why Ducati service does not give you the explanation that you got here (which is actually the correct one). It's simple to explain that to the customer. I had the same fear when I got mine. I could also see this foamy deposit on the black oil cap. It turned out that it was condensation from riding at low temperatures for short periods of time. I got my verification when I changed the oil and saw nothing there, as well as the cooling fluid level which never changed. Don't worry about it.

6. You’re worrying far too much, just ride it and enjoy the freedom of the open road.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Don't think that has any water in it. The colour goes yucky cream. I had the leaky oil problem when the bike was new. It was something to do with a cam sprocket o ring. All fine now.

8. Thanx guys all for info!! You're right, we just need to ride and enjoy :)
    And yes, I often ride short distances, city, etc... so definitely moisture :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information