1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this the beginning of an unhappy relationship?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Nothingbettertodo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Bought my new Multistrada 1200 Sport in October and the day after I got it the dealer called to advise me of the coolant recall. Got that done and then the first service and thought that everything was rosy. Then two weeks ago the low battery warning on the key fob came on so I had the dealer stick a new battery in. Today on the way to work the low battery warning came on again and whilst I was looking at the dash I noticed that the neutral light was flashing in sequence with the indicators.
    After work I set off to the dealer to get the issue looked at and the low fuel light came on. This had the effect of bringing the neutral light on continuously. Anyway, just before I arrived at the dealer I went over a couple of small potholes in the road and noticed a banging noise from the front. I have just read another thread here that says it is common and that the forks need re-shimming so I'll be off back tomorrow to report that fault. Meanwhile the dealer has ordered a replacement dash saying he has encountered this problem before.
    All this and the bike has only done 800 miles!!! This is my fourth Ducati and and the third one that has had to have a new dash fitted at very low mileage.

2. [dealer mode on] It all adds to the involving ducati ownership experience [/dealer mode off]

3. Unfortunatley all common and well documented issues

4. Wait until you can properly open it up-it will all be worthwhile trust me.

John

5. the "multistrada" definition : the bike that brings the customer & the dealer closer together ! :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. :biggrin:

7. Not necessarily. Mine has been in for 10 weeks awaiting new cylinder heads. I might forget where they/it are?

8. Sorry to hear of your problems. Hopefully you will have a reliable bike after it has been fixed. I've had 11000 trouble free miles on an 'S'.

Good luck!

9. My 17 month relationship with a Multistrada 1200 ended in a bitter divorce. It's such a shame; it looked great was comfortable, fantastic engine but badly let down by faults, breakdowns and re-calls.

Hope you have better luck and I do think luck comes into it a lot .

Do Not Sell My Personal Information