1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This The Future Mr Ducbird?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Think he should buy a gym membership first!

2. Or a gym and a personal trainer ;) soon have that weight off :bucktooth:

3. I think he only weighs 6 stone, the rest of the padding is his money belt

4. Happy for him but his first initiation will be with the Tax man poor sod!

5. No tax on lottery wins in the UK :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. No tax liability with winnings:upyeah: but yes afterwards once in the bank:upyeah:

7. In the states, All states ask you to pay the federal and state taxes first and if you want the lump sum, you lose a further chunk taking that option

So if you won the $1.6 billion that they had recently up for grabs and wanted to collect it in one go, by the time you have paid federal tax, state tax and then lump sum collection cost it would drop to $529 million-$599 million depending on what state you are in as they all have separate levels of state tax.

Imagine standing there with the cheque for $1.6 billion all smiley teeth on tv and you then read the bank account statement that says you lost $1 billion in taxes and fee's.

Over £500 million is hardly a kick in the nuts though

8. @chizel answer the man.... hand bags and shoes (obviously with Cuban heels).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sadly I'd argue this, but the image is quite close....for the record I met Mrs AC when I was poor..and I need to get cracking to make up those dollars....

• Like Like x 1
  10. No, I know - I meant on the interest each year.

11. Hold in off shore blind trust fund, Guernsey with a Sark holding company; allegedly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The national lottery provides a special financial guidance for lottery winners:upyeah:....for a fee of course;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sounds about right . . .

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. It's known as Cash Extraction with a smile:):upyeah:

15. I lived on sark for a while, made the Norfolk dna line look perfectly normal and fine.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Not for me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information