1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isle Of Man Tt 2019 Return/thoughts

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by fireman216, Jun 11, 2019.

1. No speed limits here.

Well there are.

But in remote areas, like over the Mountain on IOM, there's no one to enforce them:), but it ain't a one way system:(

• Like Like x 1
  2. DSC05680small.JPG
    If you want to enjoy riding around the course perhaps do what I do, that's visit early may when the course is set out (signs etc) but there's no people. No undue speed limits, no idiots wanting to race everyone and no old bill. You can be the only vehicle in sight on the Mountain. People all happy to talk and very friendly too.
    Prices cheaper too, I was the only bike on the Manannan on the way home.

Sadly you dont see the racing. Classic is good though.

#22 steeve, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. I’ve been to the TT & Classic TT a few times, when it’s sunny it’s the best place on earth, when it rains it’s the worst.
    I didn’t go this year (luckily) I thought the TV coverage was pretty lacklustre, or was it the racing?, McGuiness nowhere, Hutchy & Dunlop the same, it didn’t grab my interest this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I must say, it seems to get less fun each year!
    There are so many 50 signs pretty much everywhere on the course.
    Fortunately there are still some GLF areas around the island.
    The weather was shit for most of my visit, but we did get to see all the racing including the senior race.
    Managed to get a crossing back on Monday instead of Wednesday, couldn’t wait to get home to be honest.
    No more camping in a tent that’s for sure.
    I might give the Manx a visit with Mrs Deaks next year, but will sleep in the Transporter, hopefully it will be fully kitted out by then.

Despite my moaning, the 999 was awesome over the mountain, up through Glen Helen and through Quarry bends late one evening (not over 50 once officer).

Deaks :)

5. The 50 limits seem excessive imo.... Even over here it'd be 60.

I've been going to the TT for years, whilst the racing and the course is still fantastic, things are changing.

Whilst I kind of understand the commercial aspects, the feel of the TT is changing... It used to feel like an escape in all things.... The racing, the riding and the Douglas mayhem.

I do think the fans are starting to be taken for granted and that's a dangerous mindset for any event.

The weather was crap this year and certainly didn't help though. I'll be back next year but I'll say this, the classic TT has a totally different feel to it.... That feels more life the TT of 20 years ago.

It's still bloody brilliant though, sat on the banking at Barregarrow crossroads makes it all worthwhile.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My 27th / 28 th year can’t remember I’m so old ! Been over there about 50 + times & all times of the year even snow on the mountain at Easter o_O
    Took both my bikes in the van this year
    I must say I was disappointed by the more or less 50mph on the bottom section!
    Apart from Glen Helen @ 60
    In all my years I’ve never known anyone to stick to the limits on that section.
    I always enjoyed the section Sarah’s to 13 milestone......
    Personally I think they’ve pushed the Frustration up to the mountain section which in turn caused the road to be closed quite often.
    And Also I don’t think riders got the chance to build up riding any sense of speed after all if I wanted to ride at 50 miles an hour and stay at home.
    From my experience I’ve never considered there to be that many accidents on the bottom section even the locals I know were complaining about how long it took them to go places.
    The only saving grace was that it was raining most of the time practice week and the roads were quieter lve always gone on the Wednesday/Thursday before practice week and come home on the Friday of practice week.
    I managed to do about 900 miles
    On the 2 bikes But the shine was taking off it a little bit this year with the speed limits but I can’t ever see them changing back now for the TT fortnight.

718A9B09-46B8-4E07-8883-BB9D5CA9A74F.jpeg

17C9C4F7-D2B0-49F2-83E6-A8DED7BD26C0.jpeg

833A7E12-3439-4370-ACA0-B029DF62B720.jpeg

A4857B48-9E87-4F94-9161-43A1589A7A5F.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  7. EE5106CD-BC66-45A7-8140-B769096AE22B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. the uk government will buy those so they can put them on roads that they can't be arsed to fix properly.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information