1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Issue On Qs Downshift

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by markm, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Hi Mark,
    JHP explained that nothing was an issue with my QS on computer and put it down to if you hold your foot up or down for more than 3/5 seconds, it goes to fault mode and needs reset at key etc, and told to try not to rest your foot on lever..
    After I tested mine, it was faulty and they had the last one on shelve end of August and changed within 1 hour as I needed to van it back to Newcastle...
    I think all Ducati dealers are telling Panigale owners this, as directed by Ducati in Italy....
    I only trust Rick and lads at JHP as they look after you as best they can and try fixes before major part change..
    Chris.

2. could someone please explain key reset.

3. My dealers just told me 19th for my q/s switch, so pissed off its not true.

4. Well the 19th came and went and now told it will be at the dealers friday, 7 weeks 3 days after ordering for a 10 pound microswitch that ducati charge 240 for, seriously falling out of love with ducati

5. I had the same issue with mine the other year, I took it apart to investigate, and man they are not a quality item at all. So after a lot of fanying around and testing it I threw it in the bin and bought a translogic replacment unit. It’s been perfect ever since. Well worth the money.

I’d recommend them to anyone and woundnt entertain haveing a warranty replacement item as they’re just not a good design.

Hope this helps you, you won’t regret it.

6. Interesting. After a lot of reading and listening to mates, one of which is on his 3rd DQS with his V4S, I bit the bullet and bought an HM QS for my own V4S. I'm off to Almeria soon and the last thing I want is for my QS to pack in on lap 2 on the 1st day, like my mates did. I'll carry it as a spare. If my OE goes tits up I'll have a plan B, if not I'll upgrade in the man cave when I get home.
    It's not right dropping 24k on a bike and some of the OE parts are shite. But luckily the engine's an effin peach!

7. Agree with you about £24k bike etc, but it wouldn’t ruin my day if the quick-shifter packed up. We all used to ride bikes without them and just used the clutch. Touch-wood the original one on my 1299 is still working fine after 15k miles...

8. I totally get what you're saying, and I too would manage without a QS. The V4S is my first super modern bike in 10 years. And technology wise 10 years is gigantic time scale.

When I first rode the V4 I kept downshifting with the clutch (force of habit) but it felt very clunky and agricultural, which jolted me back to using the Ducati QS which feels much, much smoother/better. And the reason for that is, is because that's the way it's been factory set and synchronized with the software.

Fingers crossed my DQS will behave itself. I think a lot of problems are perhaps riding styles. For example, the logic must see 0% throttle on downshifts. If there's the slightest sniff of throttle on down shift it'll protest somewhat and a nice crunchy gear shift will follow. I try to down shift in the brake zone only.

I've had an HM quickshifter (up gears only) on my 1098R for years and it's never missed a beat, never required adjustment- fit and forget. I've bought one for the V4S as back up and I believe it's a quality product and will sooner or later, be a nice upgrade.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information