1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue With Ducati Tank Bag

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by wolf piccoli, Jan 2, 2022.

1. Hello,
    I installed the Ducati Performance tank bag for my Hyper 950 SP but there is issue with the handlebar clearance.
    The bag hits against the front brake flluid tank and the clutch reservoir tank when I go in full lock.
    Anybody else faced the same issue? Solution?
    thank you
    wolf

2. It’s not totally clear from the Ducati parts picture but it looks like the clips on the fitting bra are adjustable. Lengthen the two at the headstock end and shorten the two at the seat end to pull the bag back an inch” ? Andy

3. Suspect it’s normal. The Ducati bag on multi was the same, fouled on full lock.

4. "Normal"? -- the tank bag costs £200. Not to mention the safety issue and the fact that it could break the brackets that holds the brak fluid tank.

5. 8742F915-D587-4439-9578-1C2F26BDAAC7.png I had the tank bag on the 939. From memory I adjusted the straps on the base accordingly. Only used it for a trip to assen and some commuting. Had no issues with it.

6. Have you adjusted you bars to size it specifically for you. I've done it on my multistrada and the small tank bag now just hits the bars on full lock.

7. Yeah same problem. The handlebar always hit the bag when making a full left/ right turn. Plus I don't like how the bag is holding up on the tank so it stays off the bike for now.

Solution: I got the SW motech pro city tank bag. About the same size as the Ducati perf bag. Holding up much better due to the magnet on the ring. I remove the magnet ring when not using so it doesn't affect the look of the bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information