1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue With The Turn Signals Multistrada 1200s

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sierrabc, May 16, 2017.

1. Hi I'm looking for help with a turn signal issue.

I have a 2012 multistrada 1200s and the right rear turn signal flashes rapidly when I use it and the front right turn signal flashes once the stops. Usually it means a bulb is burnt out so I did the following,
    I checked the bulb by swapping it with the left hand one and it did the same thing, then I put the right hand bulb in the left side socket and plugged the right side front led turn signal into the lefthand socket and both work fine? The next step as I see it is to cut open the wire harness to find out where the wires lead to, relay or? Would anyone have any suggestions or know where the front and rear turn signal cables end up so might avoid having to cut the whole harness open?

Thank you

2. The rear indicators each have leads that plug into the harness behind the tail light. You access them by undoing the 4 screws holding the tail light / number plate assembly to the bike, then a further 3 screws allow removal of the under panel. The rear indicators are driven by the Black Box Unit (BBU) under the seat.
    The front indicators are LED and I believe they plug into the loom behind the steering head below the tank, although I could be wrong and the connectors could be below the dash. The front indicators are driven directly from the dash.

3. Hi Derek,

Thank you. I replaced both the rear and front turn signals, I had to remove the gas tank to get to the front connector, so new turn signals still same problem? Next removed the rear side panel and the panel behind that to get access to get at the rear turn signal Harness connector. So I've exposed everything both front and back up to the wrapped main wiring harness so I guess I have no choice other than to take apart the main wire harness to see where each of the wires ends up. Wish I had a wiring diagram or schematic to see where the wires actually lead to save from having unravel the whole harness.

Thanks

4. I have a diagram for a 2010 which shows;
    The front indicators go to the dash. Right (green/black) pin 25, Left (white/black) pin 26.
    The rear indicators go to the BBU. Right (green/white) pin 16, Left (white/black) pin 17.
    The left and rear may be swapped over as the diagram is wrong, showing the right lamp connected to the left output and vice versa.

I also have a diagram for a 2014 which shows;
    The front indicators go to the dash. Right (white/green) pin 25, Left (white/black) pin 26.
    The rear indicators go to the BBU. Right (green/white) pin 18, Left (white/black) pin 1.

Whichever is correct, you should be able to figure it out by the wire colours.

5. Hi Derek,

Thank you very much. I'll work through it and let you know how I make out.

Bob

6. If it helps. This is the diagram for the 2010 which should be the same as the 2012.
    MTS1200ABS_2010_ Colour .png
    and this is the diagram for the 2014
    MTS1200_GT_GBR_ED01_MY14.png

7. Great, thanks Derek

Do Not Sell My Personal Information