1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It’s Arrived!

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by pasty PFC, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Well it must’ve had a very high seat set up at the one in Ducati Worcester then because I’m 4inches taller than you & I was on tip toes. Definitely wouldn’t want to ride like that.

2. Bought some new shoes today...

E660F877-1BDF-4720-995D-93290A019ED5.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Congratulations talentless! It looks amazing and you look 5yrs younger!!

My Tailtidy is R&G, I like how it looks but it does hold the plate up high (and in line with the std cans). After complaining to R&G they are sending out a heat deflector free of charge so very happy with the customer service there.

re plates...I’m not the best person to ask. I’ve not gone down a legal route...A1 showplates made mine.

4. Just to chime in, I'm 5"8 and I can tiptoe on one foot. Obviously most people will feel a bit uneasy when they first ride but I can assure the feeling will settle down once you get used to the bike. I would recommend getting a Lowered seat which can reduce 20mm off the seat height for those need some extra assurance. And I can definitely recommend a Termignoni full exhaust system if you can. They are a blast to ride!

5. OK but do you seriously ride by tiptoeing at a standstill? I’ve never tried it so won’t argue with you, but it seriously put me off when I sat on one & I don’t think I’d fancy it on the road. Then again, I didn’t think I was tall but compared to all you short arses managing on them, maybe it isn’t a problem? ;)

6. Well, to be exact, if I lean on one side, I have more than tiptoe but less than flat foot. It's manageable. And yes, I can ride it at red light if that's what you mean. It takes a few more steps but it's not that hard once you get used to. There are even shorter people than me riding the hypermotard so I don't see why I can't ride :p.

There are a few steps you could take to reduce the seat height, either with a lowered seat or reduce both front and rear shocks, although it would take a suspension tuner to do so. After all, it's more about whether you want a Hypermotard or not. Gives yourself some time. It took me almost a year to pull the trigger on 950 :p.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just wanted to acknowledge R&G. People are often outed when we are ripped off, in this case I’d like praise.

I mentioned previously that I “blew” the reg plate off. This was because a tail tidy was fitted without a heat deflector resulting in melted plate fixings.

Scott at R&G has been very helpful in helping me to resolve this, supplying me with free options to resolve.

I didn’t buy the tail tidy, it came with the bike so I don’t believe R&G have any obligation to me; Massive thanks!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information