1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 It Gets Better

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by ernie90, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Been a while since I rode it and I forgot how lumpy the motor was. Had a lot of fun on it tho.

2. I’ve always struggled with the looks of this bike. But today after a little bit of graphics wrap work I have this!

The more I ride this thing the better it gets and I haven’t even begun to explore the engine!

Credit to TOPOLINO for this one. I took one of his photo shop efforts, changed a couple small details and I couldn’t be happier. Matt black powder coat for the exhaust shroud, rearsets and carbon frame covers then I’m done looks wise.

Apart from that I just want to get the first damn service done so can go play!!

BF1D9577-E5AF-4F29-A4C7-CF2A7A71AD8E.jpeg

CA3D18F0-6122-4A5E-9CCA-7821FC572F3C.jpeg

FCABB7E0-EDBB-4AE1-870A-D1A930631D8B.jpeg

F7CC514A-25C1-4544-8433-6996B8835AC0.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  3. That looks great. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thank you, I’m very happy. If it looked like that on the forecourt I would of had it day 1

5. Looks great and glad you didn’t slap a big DUCATI down each side..spot on!
    Just need a tail tidy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Great looking bike Mutt. Glad I was of some help. I think I have settled on the design I want but it's a slight departure from what I photoshopped! Was also seriously contemplating the Termi system, but just not happy with the alignment issue of the rear silencer plus owners reluctance to post up any pictures to highlight the problem and also a video of the brake light visibility due to it being obscured. Anyhow going to take the 1299S to Old Buckenham tomorrow night for one last ride before I start to strip her down and return her to stock as aiming to pick up the V4 in a fortnight, so as I have some time off work, seems the perfect opportunity to get on with it. Have also been busy rebuilding my wife's Monster back to showroom spec, as it was damaged during an accident, when some melon knocked her off it in May this year. Maybe see you there if you want to put some miles on your bike.

7. Since when was @Mary Hinge reluctant to post about his Termignoni 4 Uscite ? :joy: Andy

8. May be not MH but I have asked on numerous occasions on the FB group page and no one as yet has posted up any decent pictures taken square on and dead centre from the rear. From all I can ascertain, all the systems are skewed off to the right, so it appears there is an alignment issue. If I was going to part with my hard earned I want it to line up perfectly for that price. Also no one has yet posted up any images or video of the brake light being applied, as it appears to be only visible when viewed from above (even then slightly obscured) so I fear this will attract a little too much attention from plod and also potentially present a hazard to any vehicle following you.

9. Dunno what you mean.... baaaahhhhh hahahaha.....:joy:

10. EF535FDD-DFBE-4940-9E6E-F1C1A594C983.jpeg
    Right then! You’ve asked for it this time!!

And here it is. And it’s as square as the squarest thing on earth.
    Just had the FullSix monocoque cf seat/tail unit fitted. No lights- track only. But the Termignoni Uscite system does not impinge rear light functionality. Stop fucking about. Get one. And you can be cool, like me :):cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Yes, you definitely were, still a work in progress, but I'm happy.

I'll try to get over. I got married at the weekend so I will have to ask the wife, but I'm pretty sure I can get out there

12. That'll be great Mutt. I'm aiming to get there between six and half past tonight, so hopefully see you there.

13. It certainly looks straight, which is a first as all the others I have seen definitely aint!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Possibly my last ride on the 1299S tonight before I return it to stock in preparation to part-ex it for the V4S in a fortnight or so. It's been great bike but it's time to move on.

20180909_180042.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Parallax error ;):laughing:

16. I'll try be there the same, probably a little after as I'm now leaving!!!

#36 mutt1979, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  17. Was good to finally meet you Mutt. Nice bike you have there. Hopefully I'll be joining the V4 club very soon. Enjoy your ride out tomorrow.

18. Likewise. I'll take a look into the V4 club.

Hopefully this weather will improve or at least stay dry. I can't get in for first service until the 18th of October :rolleyes:

P.S. The headlights were fine for the ride home, not amazing, but they were adequate.

#38 mutt1979, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  19. It was the 18th yesterday. Or do you mean 2019? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Right you are!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information