1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 It Lasted 3 Years And A Week

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bigyin, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Unfortunately due to our lovely road maintenance my pride and joy GranTourismo is no more after 3 years and a week of ownership.

Its taken me all over Europe and Scandinavia, commuted through winters and been a superb bit of kit with 36000 miles on the clock but thanks to a feckin pothole 25 miles from home on a 330 mile ride in torrential rain in Sunday its now a write off.

Joining a major A road at about 70mph, bang followed by a sudden tankslapper and ejected from the bike into the fast lane and managed not to go under the crash barrier into the opposite carriageway by hitting the upright posts ....glad it was an old style metal barrier and not the new wire ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the cause of the tankslapper

[​IMG]

and this
    [​IMG]

Time for arguments with insurance company and Highways England :(

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Wow dude..

At least you are here to tell us.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Yeah the kit did its job

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dozen xrays on assorted joints and CT scans on head and neck and nothing is broken but lots of bruising and soft tissue injuries

• Like Like x 1
  4. Glad you are still with us.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Good to see you still with us chap. Everything else will be annoying but will be sorted eventually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Glad you're still with us. Other stuff can be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Thankfully you seem fit and healthy and ready for the battles ahead. Sorry for the loss of your faithful steed.

Good luck getting some compensation. In driving rain, it would be hard to argue that you should have seen the hazard ahead of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'd get the pot hole professional measured / photographed before someone repairs it!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Whoa, that is lucky. Where about is that pothole?

10. Don't tell him.... he works for Highways...:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Shit man, got away with that pretty well!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shit dude, hope you are treated with some hefty well deserved compensation.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wow, that could have been a lot worse!
    Glad to hear that you are basically okay.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Take highways to the cleaners bloke!! Lucky escape :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Glad to hear that you're relatively unscathed. A real shame about your bike, you now have a job on your hands to prove culpability from highways. I presume it was the bike that hit the barrier, not you...?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Would be better if you could get some dash cam or cctv footage as it would clearly show the tank slapper occurring immediately after the pothole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cheers peeps, i am aware that my number of spare lives has been drastically reduced for future use after this one
    Bit difficult as its on a slip road linking 2 of the busiest roads in the County but i will see what i can get in the way of measurements

Slip road between A11 and A47 outside Norwich ..... Highways are aware of it now anyway as i reported the accident

Nope, when the bike threw me off it landed on its right hand side and spun away to the inside kerb distributing all th contents of the top box as the lid sheared off. I went into the barrier posts fairly hard which i was actually pleased about as going under it would have put me into oncoming traffic in the opposite fast lane. I remember seeing the gap and trying to grab onto anything to stop me. Probably why my left shoulder feels like its been dislocated and gone back in again

Already on it..... both witnesses in cars that stopped to help me didnt have dash cams but both are happy to confirm exactly where the bike suddenly went into "a violent weave" (as they put it) and there is CCTV above the junction, i just need to find out which way it is/was pointing.

18. The roads are shocking. The authorities waste money on everything except infrastructure it seems. Glad you’re relatively unscathed, and keep us posted. It seems like you’re an innocent victim of negligence here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I was refused the footage of my wife’s car accident. They would only release it to the police or MAYBE our insurance company if they felt so inclined. I’m sure the law states you must be allowed to view footage containing you, but sadly these councils/highways just refuse and tie you in knots trying to get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Glad you are ok, our roads are a disgrace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information