1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italia Moto Lincoln No Longer Main Dealer

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gp80, Mar 20, 2019.

1. If that is the case then I agree with you. Do you know that to be true?

2. it was about 2 to 3 years ago.

3. What’s the profit like on recall/warranty work, if it’s good then Ducati dealers are in the money the way things are going! o_O

Car manufacturers started doing this some time ago and it worked... Apple were the same....

4. Depends what time they allow for the job... Even going back 20 years VW were tight on their warranty times.

5. It's such a shame to hear this and no doubt a very difficult decision for Phil to make, if as hinted above this is the result of Ducati requiring the showroom to be complete to a certain standard and limiting where said 'standard materials can be sourced and th3 Audi effect on the business as a whole then I fully understand this decision and am surprised it didn't come sooner to be honest.

I have visited a few dealerships over the past few years and I can honestly say that Italia Moto is right up there for the most pleasurable to visit on any occasion. Great staff, great standard of bikes, great customer service and a great team!
    Some others (Peterborough and Leeds) both left a somewhat different lasting impression...

Luckily for me, I don't anticipate ever buying a brand new bike so they will still be my service centre of choice and if they're going to increase the used ducati stock following the separation... All the better for me too as they'll have many different models in stock for me to drool over each time I visit :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Is this the start of Ducati being sold out of Audi Showrooms?

7. Or Bugatti, Lamborghini...Bentley? :)

8. Used them for over 20 years now. My 748sps had a recall on the rear hub so took it there for the warranty work. they were in Barr Street then. Had Franchisises for MV and Benelli as well as Ducati.
    Even though I work on my own bikes they are always willing to give advice and help when needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. That was my thinking too.

10. Been with them since I bought my ST in 2002, their heart was always in the right place and they would always help and accommodate you. I have to say they could be disorganized at times and getting through on the phone was a trail but always good work and advice in the end.
    As I travelled around this land I used to always drop into a Ducati dealer if I had some time, not any more. They are like hospitals and so formulaic. It is because they are after the non-biker market as well as me and you.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Had a good catch up with everyone at Italia yesterday and the whole team were more than happy to talk about the decision... Seeing everyone yesterday it was clear to see that a weight had been lifted from their shoulders and they certainly seem to be looking forward to going in their own direction.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing Phil and the team put their plans going forward in to action. I think their showroom will be a great place to drool over a wide range previous models.

Phil has also put some words together on their website on the matter and ultimately what has forced him to make the most difficult decision in 30 years. This couldn't go on the front page of the site as they are still part of the ducati dealer network.

http://www.italiamotoltd.co.uk/ducati-news-article.aspx?itemid=42665

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I just read that and agree whole-heartedly. Thanks for sharing the link!

13. A small group standing up to a big group taking the piss? Long may it continue :D I hope it works out for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Are you still harping on about Brexit? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I think that's your obsession El, I was clearly talking about Italia standing up to Ducati

#55 noobie, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Triumph are going the same way. All their dealers are having to convert to black fittings and fascias. Its the way of the modern world.

17. Who is winning though?

18. I can't see any reason this link couldn't go on the front page as it's highly relevant to the Ducati community, which is what this forum is? It's not owned by Corporate Ducati.
    @El Toro @Rob

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Those of us who've had the chance to talk with Phil and the team know how gutted they are to relinquish the franchise. They are all so proud of being Ducati, and love the machines. They mentioned that the support has been quite overwhelming and emotional, and Ben nailed it above really.

I hope that somewhere in Ducati someone reads this and understands that their end of the deal is to build amazing soulful bikes, take them racing and keep enough in order to allow them to make money to pile back in to R&D and keep leading. Most of us seem very unbothered where we buy them and much more bothered by who we're buying them from. If there's a pile of yellowing brochures (which are faster BTW) in the corner of the sales office and a heap of interesting bits in the used-parts department then all the better. Every corner you look at in Italia is full of signs that these people live and breathe Ducati and have done so for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Featured........even though the “Ducati community” didn’t deem it to be highly relevant enough otherwise the software would have picked it up and put it there :bucktooth:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information