1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italia Moto Lincoln No Longer Main Dealer

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Gp80, Mar 20, 2019.

1. That’s a shame, am sure Phil would have got to the bottom of it.

Is the bike on finance? Give the finance company a ring and explain the situation. The finance company will intervene...

What is the fault?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. It wont rev past 7k like a limiter cutting in and then if you key off and on it resets for a few mile then does it again. I paid cash for bike so cant do the finance company route asked them how long to fix they basically said how longs a piece of string. Really crsp customer service department Ducati have got even Phil from italia says its stressing him out he cant do anything about it.

3. Before this turns into a “name and shame” thread, and as I’ve already been mentioned in another thread regarding this bike, I’d like to try and clarify the situation a little.
    Following Italia dropping from the network, they no longer have the ability to process warranty work or order parts in, so I was asked to take the job on by Ducati UK. Despite being still pretty busy with my own customers bikes and having a 3 week lead time, I agreed. Phil and I go back a long way and he asked me to help out.
    There’s a couple of things raised that I’d like to clear up. I’ve had the bike about 5 weeks, not 7. A long time I appreciate, but we are a small workshop, with work already in and booking well ahead. I was down a man for 2 weeks and as that is 50% of the staff, it’s been busy.
    Italia provided me with a long list of diagnosis and attempts at solving the issue. None have which had worked so I’ve basically started from scratch. There are no errors and before I can swap parts, I have to test and prove a viable reason, else I end up paying for them. Italia have been swapping parts from their stock bikes. I don’t have that luxury. I have my own customers bikes in for some medium terms issues I’m trying to sort whilst also trying to keep someone else’s customer happy........
    I’ve put about 20 hours into diagnosis so far, am asking/waiting for technical support from the factory (which is slow) on further diagnosis I have done and tried a couple of new parts already. I’m not “spit balling” guessing or quoting lengths of string or fobbing anyone off. I’m trying to sort the bike out. It sounds simple, but it’s far from it. Italia haven’t come up with anything in 4 months, tech support in the UK have elevated it to a factory level and I’m trying to keep my own customers bikes thru the shop.
    I understand how frustrating it must be, it’s giving me restless nights to, but I am working on it and want it away as much as you want it back.

Neil @ Cornerspeed

• Like Like x 19
    • Useful Useful x 3
  4. Refreshingly honest ^

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. There are always two sides to every story.

People are always quick to stick the boot in without knowing all of the facts.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I think it also must be very frustrating that through no fault of your own, after spending 35K on a bike that you can't ride after five months of repairs. Not Cornerspeeds fault at all, but not Richards either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Personally , I believe there are always THREE sides to every story .
    :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I'm not blaming the dealers here at all both italia and cornerspeed have tried to rectify bike I'm simply saying that surely after nearly 5 months and still no idea what the problem is a replacement bike or refund should be on the table and trying to contact Ducati customer services to speak about my complaint is pointless they just ignore you or dont listen so frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Is the bike on pcp or finance? Or did you pay cash for it?

If it’s on some kind of finance then you could get the finance company involved to help focus minds :)

10. Cash sale unfortunately

11. Doesn’t help you I appreciate but it’s a good idea to put big items on a credit card or through finance, even if you clear them quickly. The consumer protection is worth having.

12. As Mathew Warner askes....what are the problems... If severe enough I would say you have good grounds to reject the bike under the sale of goods act 2015. Do your homework on consumer rights and legislation, to try Citizens advice bureau, can be a bit patchy here though.

13. I get why you are pissed Richard and the continuation of not knowing why something is still faulty so in your eyes it's Ducati (who ever tries to fix it) and those who have to step in like Nelly, are tarred with the Ducati brush and the ever growing timeline.

Genuinely and this isn't flannel, Nelly is one of the good guys. Will often go above and beyond most who look after Ducati's and it will be as frustrating for him with the chain of events almost to the level of how unhappy you are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Welcome to Ducati ownership pre-tpg in the old days.
    six months off the road wasn't uncommon back then if you were waiting for a part from Italy.

But times have moved on and nowdays your problems are the result of models being rushed out the door and super tech on the machines which hasn't had time to be qualified or tested sufficiently - oddly enough like most shitbox vw audi group stuff.

In '96 I bought a GSX-R750 SRAD from the shit funnel that was Motorcycle city farnborough.
    On its major service I was royally skinned for a princely sum due to the amount of work 'specified for that service' by suzuki.
    I also wanted a lower panel replaced under warranty as the paint was peeling.
    I decided to scratch up the oil filter, put a hole in the air filter and engrave the plugs with my date of birth.

After said service I inspected all of the above, and found that only the oil filter had been changed.

When confronted with these facts I was told that the parts didn't need replacing as the tech saw it and the DoB was actually a serial number on the plugs. My argument was that if the schedule says replace, and I'm being billed for it - I want it replaced and the decision not taken by a mechanic who would decide otherwise.

As to the panel, I was told that Suzuki Uk said to shove it up my backside.

So... I backed this up with a letter, got a reply to the same effect from the tossers.

Armed with this written script, I rode the bike to Suzuki HQ down in crawley and with a letter of my own going through events I left the bike with them saying that I didn't want it anymore and they could do what they liked with it.

At the same time the spyball alarm which left me stranded was removed and again I asked for a refund. after three weeks I was told "oh we're still waiting for spyball in Italy to shift their backside on the refund as it got returned to them for analysis".

I rang Italy and funnily enough they'd received nothing and heard nothing. Within a day City called me and my refund was ready.

Two weeks passed and I got a call from Suzuki UK - my bike was fully serviced and they'd gone round and replaced every furred bolt and the flaking panel. Behind the scenes I think city got a shouting at.

Sorry for the digression...

In your case...

You shouldn't need to feel that you have to do this, but... you could get the bike moved to Ducati UK hq.
    A nicely worded letter to them stating that it's not the dealer or Nelly who should be bearing the brunt of this and certainly you don't expect it on something that costs more than most family cars.

If you were to back this up with a little you tube / twitter video laying down just the facts as they stand, you should get a response and a resolution pretty quickly I would imagine. Especially the bit about they've ignored email and calls and left it to the dealer network to resolve, and how a leopard can't change its spots and this is the last one you'll ever buy , unreliable blah blah, only for people that just look at them and never want to ride them - because they can't etc etc.

Ducati have spent years trying to shake off the unreliable buckets of junk stigma, and it'll be things like this when brought to the fore could undo it all, and unlike me, you have the whole of the internerd as an audience to bring awareness to this sort of shoddiness.

It's not fair on the dealership or Nelly (who is indeed one of the good guys) to be the meatshield for Ducaudi's slackness.
    Go to the source and don't give up. That bike, 35 grand publicly handed back because it doesn't work won't do them any good and their marketing machine will want to do all it can to get you to say how helpful they were in sorting out your issue.

good luck. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I would like to thank Ducati UK who today agreed to send me a new Ducati 1299 r final edition after mine suffered on going fault much appreciated you called me to sort this out.

• Like Like x 20
  16. Sorted - fab news!
    @nelly - can I have the scrap one please, I can pick it up Monday :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Can't be unhappy with that

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Is this due to less than ideal coverage of the issue in here I wonder...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Whatever the reason, hats off to whoever at Ducati or Ducati UK made this call. That'll be a customer and advocate for life they just secured, I'd imagine.

If @Richard Dobbs feels that the forum deserves a little pat on the back, perhaps it's a great moment to become a premium subscriber? :)

A great outcome for all concerned. Happy ending.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information