1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italian Speeding Fines

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Topbox, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I'm going right off Italy.

I've just got a speeding fine delivered to me relating to my ride down to WDW in July. 81KPH in a 70kph limit.

Any advice, comments and opinions welcome (apart from the "Don't exceed the speed limit if you don't want a fine lecture").

Thanks in advance

TB

PS I've just checked the video of my trip which I saved and I've found the bleeding camera that got me and guess what my speedo is showing bang on 50 mph. Bugger.

#1 Topbox, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. They can come after you I believe, so I’d pay up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. #3 noobie, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. How much is the fine?
    Do you intend to go back?

5. I think the fine will be €100. I know mine was a few years ago

6. Thanks Noobs, Unfortunately I not worried about it being a fake as I found the infringement on playback. The camera was not the shape I was looking out for. It was just a small box on top of an 8 foot pole.

TB

7. Thread moved btw

8. The fine sliding scale, pay now 64.70 Euros then 77.00 Euros then 120.50 Euros.

I know thats two fifths of fuck all to most Ducatisti but it still sticks in my throat. This is an "I can remember when " rant 15-20 years ago you could bomb round Europe to your hearts content knowing all infractions would be left behind. I now accept those days are over. It happened to me a few years ago when I hired a car and they sent me a bloody bill for 5 Euros for a missed toll 6 months later.

Am I going back. Well I love Italy but its too expensive now and things like this aren't exactly inviting me.

TB

9. A good reason to Brexit perhaps, lol ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. According to Europcar I have one pending from when I had a rental car from them last summer in Barcelona. They were quick enough to notify me that they had received a request for my details from the authorities and charge my credit card the €40 admin fee as per their terms and conditions. I've yet to see anything through the post from the Spanish rozzers but apparently they have a year to issue the fine. I did raise this with Europcar asking them to confirm my details and the booking reference for the hire which they did. So unless it's an internal scam then I could well believe it, I was pressing on a little on the way back into the city and noted that the limit was ridiculously low for the wide dual carriageway which I ignored by a certain margin. Zero tolerance maybe, can't have been more than 10kph over on the speedo, you live and learn...

11. My notification indicated that they tolerate a 5% margin, which is less than here in the UK. If dementia wasn't at an advance stage I would have had the presence of mind to take a look at the envelope first and refused to sign for it.

TB

12. I missed it, probably cos you were going too fast !!

Stuart

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You sure that was Italy? All the cars were going forward :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Just file it in the bin, they have no way to press charges and they do not hold a database that police can reference beside the road if you return. Italian police just give you a medal for hitting 150mph on a Ducati anyhow.

Germany is the only tricky country I'm aware of since they do have a database, but even then there's no way they can press charges. They would just make you pay the (larger) fine at the side of the road if they did pull you over for something.

15. At least you know that your speedo is pretty accurate now o_O

• Like Like x 1
  16. Think I saw the camera. But only because you described it in the first post.

LH side at 49 seconds? :thinkingface:

17. I haven''t see that, the one I had in mind was on the right 3 seconds from the end

TB

18. Then what the hell is that monstrosity.
    7D3ECF1E-6C8D-41F9-B6CA-842C5AAA4737.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information