1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italian V4

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by t3scn, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Great workmanship there. I sold mine and went with the carbon. Would have loved to have had my ti one done like that

• Like Like x 1
  2. You look great on that bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. So it’s the Ape is running well with it’s new map and exhaust, sounds naughty :imp:

8C0A6AAD-ADFC-434E-9B5D-9D173F2379E7.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Yeah, thanks for your help @Mr C Once I got the versions sorted it was simple :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Progress is slow but the Ape is coming together ready for when the season can start :mask::punch:

Waiting for the spare fuel tank to be finished and remaining decals to show up.

IMG_5917.jpg IMG_5918.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. A bit of a summary & update :p

The bike has been stripped, fully serviced by Bikersworld including the essential replacing of valve springs. Race bodywork and the new tank has been sprayed, with full livery still to be finalised but in the meantime, I've put on the number boards to allow me to get going if needed.

The changes that I have made include:
    - Removal of ABS System
    - Removal of vapor recovery system
    - Remounting the voltage regulator
    - Installed race radiator overflow bottle
    - Full carbon frame & swingarm protectors
    - R&G engine case protectors
    - Upgrade to RCS master cylinder
    - Customised Akra exhaust system for track/race use
    - Aprilia Race Map flashed
    - Re-wired & mounted Starline GPS timing

I still need to swap over the clip-ons from standard and install my race switchgear but at present, it's not a major issue. After fitting the fairings I decided to add some extra grip to the tank, so I purchased an eazi-grip tank set and some of there generic sheets that I have cut to fit. Moving around on the bike with everything now setup feels more stable, however, I need to get out on track to fine-tune the configuration.

Here are the current plans for the full livery, colours are still being finalised, the idea is that it's a take on the 2020 1100 Factory livery.
    101833480_551743498866843_2755229908455129088_n.jpg
    The exhaust has been repacked when it was customised and at present is rather loud, as it is used in anger it will soften a little. My best attempt at reading the DB levels placed it around the 100-103db mark, which is manageable for UK tracks.
    IMG_6076.jpg

With the bike now ready to hit the track I wanted to get the throttle, fueling and power delivery just right. So headed over to Chris at CJS Racing, he supplied me with the original Aprilia Race Map and spent a day fine-tuning it to ensure there is a good safe map that balances power and drivability. Overall I was really pleased with the results, with a completely stock engine, stock headers and air filter it pushed out 199bhp at the wheel in a hot Dyno booth.

simon.JPG

So in summary... it's coming together [​IMG] Next stop Donny on 2nd July.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tart :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Loving the high-tec dB meter distance calibration.....Is Doni a test day, or track day Simon?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. It's a trackday @Paul55 :upyeah:

11. He'll be 'caning' it...:p
    I'll get my coat...o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. :D:punch:

13. Finally, I have the bike ready for racing :mask:

The engine has been out and replacement valve springs installed along with all tolerance's check, so it should be good for another 6k ish of track/race use. I have also fitted my livery and been out for a short (& wet:splat:) shakedown at Donny.

IMG_6316.jpg IMG_6318.jpg IMG_6319.jpg IMG_6321.jpg IMG_6324.jpg downloadl_020720_2026_donington (2).jpg downloadl_020720_2531_donington (2).jpg downloadl_020720_2668_donington.jpg

Happy with how it's going, still a lot to do to get 100% comfortable but it's a huge step forward from when I last rode it in anger at Portimao. I'm no longer feeling unstable on the bike, I can grip with my feet and thighs, and most of all I don't feel like I'm going to slide off the back of it :D

Off to ride the Val De Vienne and Le Mans Bugatti Circuit a week Monday, which will give me a further 4 days of set-up time and getting more comfortable before kicking things off the following weekend :punch:

downloadl_020720_2026_donington (2).jpg

downloadl_020720_2531_donington (2).jpg

downloadl_020720_2668_donington.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6321.jpg

IMG_6324.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  14. Bike looks great. Who are you racing with?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks, I’m Racing with No Limits in there 1000 Newcomer series. I also planned to do some North Glos races but I think that will be out the window this year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pink wheels are a bit ghay. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Did you get a 13bhp gain from that dyno tune?

18. Good question, based on the base map yes. But the base was a generic map so it’s not a big surprise there are good gains to be had.

19. That’s a massive gain. I’ve been looking at getting mine remapped. My mate got his beemer done there and was well impressed.

did you notice much of a difference when riding it after the remap? Throttle response, mid range, top end etc?

I do feel mine lacks a bit of top end with the current set up (akra and race map)

I think I’ll be giving them a call

#99 nath, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  20. My bike is a 2017 RF though, so it should be around 190-200 at the wheel. What year is yours?

Chris will do a great job if that’s the route you want to go down.

I’m on route back to the UK at the moment after two days at Val de Vienne and then two days on the Le Mans Bugatti track. Bike did well, but had a small off so need to do some fixing.... I’ll post more details once I’m back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information