1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Italian V4

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by t3scn, Sep 7, 2019.

1. The second visit on the Ape:upyeah: The first in fairness was with the Ape in road trim minus mirrors. I was able to run equal times (1:56's) but just couldn't push on confidently; brakes were rubbish, it was too low and I couldn't get my position right on the bike.

Amazing what removing the ABS, lifting the suspension and popping track bodywork on it did for how it felt.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That's pretty quick, just interested as often hear people in the paddock struggling to be as quick on a newer bike than their older one they had moulded their arse too.

3. Arse moulding? Is that a thing? Just asking before I google it and regret it.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. It's taken a bit of time to learn how to get the most from the bike, that's for sure. It's different to the 999 in many ways and therefore I've had to adapt.

I don't get it right all the time....

Please excuse the poor editorial skills :pensive:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks like a MotoGP Friday......:worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. So your saying it's best to take plenty of pairs of pants on a Euro TD.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I had a FZR I did about 25k on and the seat foam moulded to my curvey behind.

Feel free to Google "curvey behind".

Be careful googling "Creamy curvey behind".

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Depends on where you eat in the evening ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Been a while since I've updated the thread!

The bikes running well but racing this year and last took a knock with the pandemic. Despite this, I've still been able to get out on a few trips to work on setup and focus on improving my riding. I've just returned from a week in France riding at Le Mans and Val de Vienne. Both are good circuits, but Le Mans is another level. It is such a great track, returning to it for the second year in a row I was able to push on and improve my lap times by quite a margin - Now running happily in the 1:45's.

Had some fun with one of the Endurance racers who attended, he was a little quicker but as you can see from the video his corner speed was a bit slower. Annoyingly he was always on the apex at the time I wanted to be too resulting in me running wide.

IMG_0776.jpg A8E06ABD-8460-4653-9546-DB8A3B7F8B8D.jpg 335A8560.jpg 335A9171 - Copie (2).JPG 335A9214 - Copie (2).JPG

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wow! Not hanging about there. And yes, you’re carrying a lot more speed into the corner but he seems to have shitloads more traction coming out…. Nice vid :):upyeah:

11. Thanks:upyeah: Yeah, I could have been a bit quicker on the gas tbh.... more to work on :cool:

12. Lean on the electronic pixies :D:imp:

13. You need to develop your "lunge" technique......:innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wow, it's been years since I was last on the Ducati Forum and since I last updated this thread :astonished:

A lot has happened, and there have been a few tweaks to the Ape. But (touch wood) it's still going strong and dealing with a full season of racing with ease :upyeah:

If anyone is interested in reading about how things have turned out on the racing front, you can read/follow here: t3sracing.com

8JC06064-57 (2).jpg

Here she is after a clean this afternoon before we head to Cadwell for the weekend :fist:

IMG_2512.jpg

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information