1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its A Gas!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Red Baron, May 8, 2017.

1. Dropped my Monster 1200R of to P&H motorcycles for it first service on saturday and decided to have the suspension adjusted at the same time. All was going well till the final adjustment to the rear for them to discover the rear Ohlin had no gas in it!!! They think it was missed at the factory.
    Has any one else ever had this? is it worth contacting Ducati and share my concern about it? If Hadn't had the adjustment done I wouldn't have known......
    Service was excellent as usual from the boys at P&H. :upyeah:

2. If it happened to me I'd send an email to Ducati. Even more that, that was identified by an authorized dealer.

3. I suspect that as the Ohlins is a bought in unit, the tecnicians assembling the bikes wouldn't know any difference. I think that it is essential P&H (and you) raise your concern with Ducati UK as a matter of urgency just in case there is a batch issue with the Ohlins assembly line. Hopefully it is a one off. No consolation to you I know but thankfully a near miss. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Can't believe in these days of Poke Yoke and end of line testing/diagnostics that it is possible to leave a VAG factory like this - I'm sure they would be concerned - whether it ever gets to someone in the organisation that would be interested is another matter :)

5. Also missed on PDI then as well. Gets worse!

6. Its not an item that is part of the PDI. It was only diagnosed when they turned the screw/valve for the preload (i think). It was only then the gas was checked and showed no measurement or just under 1psi.
    P&H are going to check again at the weekend to see if its keeping the pressure, if the pressure is correct (just in case of a dodgy valve etc) I will be contacting Ducati just in case there was a bad batch as Android853sp has mentioned...

7. Didn't you notice there was something wrong with the suspension, or is that why you were having it adjusted in the first place ?

8. Didn't notice a thing!!! Bike is only 600 miles old so nothing to compare too....
    All seemed ok but handles like a dream now.:grinning::grinning::grinning:

• Like Like x 3
  9. I'd bet the pressure was lost rather than not being charged in the first place. Faulty shock? Make sure you have it regularly re checked in case the pressure drops again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Had it checked today, no pressure loss. Will check again in a month. Hopefully nothing would have changed!!!!:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information