1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 It's A Runner Again

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by The real Ray, Jan 30, 2021.

1. The old thing had cataracts so I've had to deal with the milky headlamps today before I book an MOT.
    Tried a few shortcuts but eventually but the bullet and removed the lamps from the bike. Removed the headlamp bulbs and the projector unit. That made it easier to do the cataract operation. :)
    Hope the sidelight bulbs never fail as they wouldn't come out.
    All back together now.
    I even managed to start it without too much bother so maybe my Ducati Foo is coming back

2. Sounds like the bike is knackered TBH. I will help you out if you want to get rid of it. :upyeah:

3. I'll let you know if I need help lifting it into a skip:astonished::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Well the skip has gone back empty, the bike sailed through its MOT.
    Got reminded these bikes are not great in town traffic, but a blast on the open road.
    In the course of bringing it back to life the grabby slipper clutch got swapped back to OEM, much less grabby pulling away and no big deal using a blip of throttle on the way down the box.
    Only a short ten mile ride to the MOT station so didn't bother with ear plugs to enjoy the induction noise and the music from the termis.

5. Beatiful.... one of my favorites!!! as soon as you can enjoy :upyeah::)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information