1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Home......

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Nice buy. Looks sweet. Love the rear subframe.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I bet you'll be chuckling and grinning for quite a while :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm totally with ya on the BST thing, got them on the Zed, but I really like the orange wheels for the time being Mary (And having already modded it to the tune of 5k, I might do well to leave it for a couple of weeks, or at least take our lass on a weekend break before buying wheels :D)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I know I should know but I don’t........what model is it @Wayne58 ?

5. Morning Tel, it's the 1290 Superduke R. :upyeah:

#45 Wayne58, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cool. I know I’ve been taking the piss but I’m actually a fan of KTM engineering. However the quality of the plastics leave a lot to be desired in my book.

But the ride is fantastic, I agree.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. It's one of these.....(and thanks btw)

• Like Like x 1
  8. just a question Wayne and not a negative. Last year the darling of the ktms was the super duke gt r 1290, what made you choose a more naked bike than a strada style one?

9. The GT is fuggin ugly, it just looks really front heavy (only my opinion you understand). But also Noobs, the engine is a little more tame on the GT, and I wasn't keen on the suspension feel when I rode it. Lastly, its due the same updates as the "R" next year, so currently the GT has the older style dash, no keyless system (which I really like), the older headlight etc etc. Early this year, KTM discounted the GT's from 16k to 10.5K which did at least make them a stunning new buy, but ultimately, its the look from the front I didn't like too much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. @noobie ....That front end...... I know right, who am I to criticise the look of something ?? But it just didn't float my boat....

KTM-1290-Super-Duke-GT-front-at-Thai-Motor-Show.jpg

11. The GT always reminded me of the pyramid aliens in The Fifth Element.....:worried:

PDVD_004.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. To be fair the Superduke itself is that comfy in Ergos even for a 6ft plus lad like me that chewing through the miles is easy work

I don't even run a screen on mine and sitting at reasonable pace motorway speeds back and forth to Germany was easy going

They just so happen to be a proper brutish naked, Ducati unfortunately has nothing remotely close or even classed as a super naked

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 17D76FCA-0ADC-49C7-81D1-1B01E01B95D2.jpeg Wayne great choice. Love my Panigale but unless it’s on the track it’s just wasted on the road. Looked at all the supernakeds but it came down to just two the Superduke or the Tuono.

Had a couple of rides on the Superduke and was so close to buying one, looks so much better in the flesh. However the Tuono just blew me away and the noise is something else. Again the looks are subjective, personally don’t like the look of the Monster in red as it looks bulbous.

Pani goes on Wednesday fingers crossed to be replaced with this. Pani is such a great looking bike but had more fun in five minutes on both the Duke and Tuono.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Congrats on the new bike dude. Defo looks the part.

Hope you have many happy miles on the back wheel :upyeah:

Am I right that you need to get her programmed to remove the anti wheelie safety software. Not a big problem but I believe KTM need to do it.

15. It's an option that I have indeed selected called the track pack, I chose that and the performance pack which gives the Q/shifter as well. Motor slip regulation, launch control etc etc all included in the 2 packs I chose .

PS. Many thanks for the kind words regarding looks, I love it but accept its not for everyone. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I love the Tuono, and nearly bought one, it was only the footpeg position I could not get on with (It is definitely a sports bike with upright bars), and the dealer network down here is nearly non existent, but both great bikes. Enjoy the new toy mate, it'll be great. :upyeah:

17. We buy bikes that we like, not what others like.

You got the fun packs :)

anyways enjoy, I’m not jealous, much

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. It's just better...... :D

IMAG0280.jpg IMAG0282.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. @Carr01 .... As you asked for some, and I don't need any excuses to post pics :D Thats the arse finished, just the exhaust hanger to fit....:upyeah:

KTM 3.jpg KTM.jpg IMAG0285.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. And very nice too. its great getting new toys isn't it? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information