1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Home......

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Jun 16, 2018.

1. It certainly is mate, hope to get out on it for a couple of hundred miles tomorrow, weather permitting, don't wanna get it dirty eh :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Good work Wayne. Best bike on here, not that I’m biased :D

3. Joint best I'd say Jim :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. It'll be good to hear your thoughts and comparisons to the multi. I could be wrong but I'm thinking this one might be a bit more yobbish in character?

5. That's nice of you, thanks. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. A bit early to say yet as only rode it home and popped out briefly yesterday. Can I also say a comparison to a Multi is kind of irrelevant as they are completely different bikes in regard to their purpose, but as you asked, my initial impressions are.

Engine - Sublime, with ridiculous power and incredible roll on pace, the motor makes a Multi feel flat.
    Gearbox - Feels very similar to the Multi's but the QS is much slicker than on the 1260 I rode
    Chassis - Much quicker to turn than a Multi, and holds a line better. Also has zero head shake at speed which my Multi did have. The KTM feels a million times lighter to take off the stand and move about, but I do already miss the electronic suspension a little, but not enough to change back.
    Brakes - Both have M50's but they are much stronger on the KTM, which I suspect is due to the lack of weight, and possibly the pads KTM use ??
    Comfort - This is purely subjective as all folk are different, but I find the KTM incredibly comfortable, I even think it's not too bad on motorways, but not if its cooler temperatures as you are quite exposed. The riding position is not as upright as a Multi, but the seat is better imo on the KTM
    Build Quality - The thing is built like a tank, although the left hand switch gear could be better, the right hand is fine, but the menu buttons etc, a little cheap feeling. The rest of the bike, after a day or two taking bits off, seems very well screwed together, and certainly on a par with other brands.
    Noise - With the full Akra on, it's not too loud but you know it's there with a very deep burble. Sounds glorious and very tight at the moment. I had standard pipe on the Multi, so can't really compare, but my mate has a Termi equipped Multi, and both the Multi and the KTM sound epic to my ears.
    Appearance - As most folk seem to mention it, I think it's stunning in the flesh and photos from my crap HTC really don't do it justice. The amount of people that have made positive comments in just 2 days has been surprising.

And lastly, did I mention that engine..... Just wow, power everywhere with incredible torque, near perfect fueling and no flat spots at all (up to 6.5k anyway, not gone further yet)
    Ultimately, time will tell, but initial thoughts, it's a keeper for a fair amount of time.

#66 Wayne58, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
  7. The futures bright, the futures orange then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. You going into politics now Wayne. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Nice one Wayne. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. By all accounts they are a really good ride.

Every time I look at one I marvel at how clean the design is. They don't seem to have cables and pipes and bits and bobs all over the place like so many other bikes do. A fair bit of mecano though!

I was browsing a big expensive Kawasaki at the weekend with a mate of mine, not that either of us were the least bit interested in buying it. It had fins, protrusions, angles and all sorts of bits all over it. Everything visually was trying to be louder than everything else.

Result, a visual cacophony. Terrible.

Have fun.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks Sam, loving it so far (horn does not work and puts a warning triangle on the dash, but they are sorting at first service), but other than that, I love the Mecano look, it's a really great bike to ride also. I find it hard to believe something exists which is more fun pound for pound. Was the Kwak you looked at the new tourer, the H2 SX ??

#70 Wayne58, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2018
  11. @Jimmy899 . EvoTech hanger fitted, my best guess(cause I can't fit a vernier caliper in the gap) is about 20mm gap, and maybe a couple of mm more with the standard rest. I played around quite a bit with the spacers at the top bolts, and I reckon you could make the gap wider simply by adding a couple more wider spacers. My best guess, is instead of a 1.5mm and a 3mm, might try and use a 3mm and a 5mm, but for now, it's on and heres the pic.

IMAG0303.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. PS. Jimmy, just looked at your pic again, that does look bloody close mate ??

482C991B-C1E8-45E2-9D89-4D5F9EEB7D48.jpeg

13. big gaps are for pussies......literally :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Or..... Are fitted correctly you ham fisted spanner monkeys !! :D

15. Oh and your horn is always likely to not work, again, they're for pussies.

Thats why you buy an Akra and shut off and let the overrun noise act as the horn :upyeah:

It might also be that the horn gets ridiculously hot near the titanium headers and ceases to exist as a horn and instead becomes and frying pan

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. I had read that mate, but hey, it's 2 days old so they can bloody well fix it. Did you get any brake judder early on from the Galfer waves ?? I think it's getting better with each ride but just curious ??

17. Ok ok, im a shite mechanic, but i stand by my first statement if only to assure the worriers of this world.

It doesn't rub, the bike still goes fast and you'll still look great.

there you go :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Well Fuck me, just found why the horn ain't working, its on the top left inner side of the radiator, and would work better with an electricity supply to it. The feckin wires are off, they must have disconnected them when fitting the triple clamp....Sorted Damo. :upyeah:

#78 Wayne58, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yep i did, mainly as you come to a stop you mean?

There were early issues with some, but as i understand it they were replaced by a 2nd gen production run and those have the black painted outer v sections (see pics)

Also you can see the gap on my hanger, you could drive a bus through that :)

IMG_0937.jpg IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0939.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. No mate, mine juddered from braking anywhere above 70-80, quite violant, but they are getting better, and if they ain't right by first service, Premier bikes said they'd change them so not a worry at all.

PS, you must have really really small buses t'up there in that there Nottingham :D
    PPS. Did you get spacers between the top bolts and the sub frame ?? Could be why your zorst is real close ??

Do Not Sell My Personal Information