1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Home......

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Tuk Tuk's my friend, Tuk Tuk's

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. They must have moved the horn on the MK2, its inside the top of the rad, on the clutch lever side. All good :upyeah:

PS. Does the baffle come out of the pipe easy enough ?? The dealer said something about Euro 4/5 so it needs some engineering to remove it ?? That don't sound right to me, thought it was just bolt out, baffle out ??

#82 Wayne58, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2018
  3. Good to see Wayne. Can you share a picture of your top bolts?

To be fair, in the image I shared, I nudged the exhaust as close as possible. Due the the sprung press fit exhaust there is some movement, and when I nudge the exhaust out as far as it will go, it usually returns to the close position after some riding.

It’s not really bothering me now. 4K miles and it’s fine.

4. On shift mate and it's dark but I'll take a couple tomorrow, but just for info, mine has no movement that you speak of? I tried after reading this and the hanger holds it tight

PS, was the baffle, Bolt out, baffle out ? Or was there more to it?

5. Baffle is indeed 'apparently' a bitch to get out, not sure if theres a tiny spot weld but from what I've seen on various threads you'd be best off taking the end can off and hitting the baffle from the underneath/inside with a bar of some sort. Ive seen lads use socket sets, bits of wood, anything to get contact on the underneath and give it a hit or two. Obviously remove the retaining bolt from the tyre facing side first or you'll be there all day

Mine was taken out by the dealer before i collected as per my request, but then again i believe the spot weld (if it exists) came in on slightly later manufactured exhausts, mine was late 2016 purchase, not necessarily made.

Euro 4/5 is gaylord territory mate:)

Think these boys are talking about the slip on akra but presume its the same idea - http://www.superduke.net/forum/view...sid=70c219cc40823faffd424e9d93d5e775&start=25

Or these lads are talking the full system so may be more relevant - https://www.ktmforum.co.uk/superduke/1328170-2017-akrapovic-evo-baffle-removal.html

#85 damodici, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sounds like it’s a bag of shite. Worse than a multistrada if that was possible. :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Now now EL T, I can assure you that so far in my nigh on two years of ownership that none of my KTM bolts have rusted, neither has the chain and the exhaust valve hasn't seized (Akra Evos don't do valves), the dash hasn't scratched and i care not about wind noise or buffeting ;)

Mine is however the very last special edition of the Gen 1's, the point in which they'd finessed the manufacturing process, so maybe you're right.

Gen 2's and their Euro 4/5 gubbins might have picked up some of the lean manufacturing techniques from those lovable Italians, a such you're buggered wayne.

Fastest bike A to .......... A

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. @Wayne58 are you running it in properly like a big girls blouse or have you spanked it from the crate?

Whenever I've bought a new bike I've become very bored within the first 45 seconds of the run in period and just gassed the fekker for shits and giggles. The V4S will be no different when I get my grubby mits on it :imp::punch::p

• Like Like x 2
  9. There was an Sx but it was another Ninja H2 of some kind with the most god awful looking single seat that looked positively dangerous to me. It had angular bits that hooked round the riders arse. It looked heavy too.

It had absolutely zero appeal to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. There is no movement in the hanger but I can nudge the exhaust very slightly as it’s just pulled tight by the springs. Will share a video later.

Baffle came out no problem but some are a nightmare as they have been spot welded in.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm wearing a hula skirt as I type, running it in to the letter.......:worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. @Jimmy899 . There are the allen heads with a black washer underneath them, then the hanger metal, then the spacers closest to the subframe of the bike. 3.0mm on the left, 1.5mm on the right, apologise for the piss poor photos, but you get the idea
    IMAG0318.jpg IMAG0319.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. PS @Jimmy899 . The gap remained consistent between exhaust and wheel after one journey to work and back last night...:upyeah:

IMAG0320.jpg IMAG0321.jpg

14. Very useful threads mate, I'll have a go when off shift :upyeah:

15. Done some jiggling and it’s looking better...
    085628CC-3013-442E-BCCD-E0A0B02FE749.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well jiggled sir ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. @Jimmy899 . Did you take the baffle out yourself or the dealer do it? Was it spot welded, I've not looked yet.

#97 Wayne58, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2018
  18. Dealer did it but they made a comment that it was really easy. Getting the baffle out of my slip-on was like the t-Rex glass of water scene from Jurassic Park...

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. OK mate, I'll have a go on Friday when I get off shift, let you know how I get on......

20. 500 miles in. One word......Epic!! The most fun I've ever had on a bike since my FS1E. I'm sure there are things it won't do but I'm buggered if I've found them yet. Fast, turns like a fly, comfy, fantastic brakes, great noise... ..... I'm in love with the SDR :D

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information