1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Home......

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Wayne58, Jun 16, 2018.

1. One of the few things I don't like about the KTM, the back of the dash looks a bit....erm, unfinished, so this is winging its way to me from Italy as I type. According to the delivery tracker, its in Germany. Will post pics once its fitted...:upyeah:

https://www.maxicarbon.com/prodotto/ktb274u/

2. Makes sense, looks a bit mankini in size but if it tidy's things up, why not carbon :upyeah:

3. @Jimmy899 - @damodici - @jock mcsporran - @Gimlet, as they do one for the 14-16 bike also....OK, arrived from Italy today, fitted and personally I really like it. Took it out for a quick spin, and while you still know your on a naked bike, the air is erm.... Cleaner. Still very much naked but not as turbulent, and as an added bonus, I can't see the back of the dash anymore which is why I added it to start with :upyeah::grinning:

IMAG0489.jpg IMAG0490.jpg IMAG0491.jpg IMAG0493.jpg IMAG0494.jpg

#163 Wayne58, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Looks great and now I want one! Shame they don’t do a non carbon finish.

5. I'm not sure of the finishes they do mate, may I ask why not carbon ?? You could always paint it :upyeah:

6. Personally not a fan of carbon bolt on bits, I just think they tend to look naff. Having said that, this finish looks great on that so I’m sure my mild OCD will cope!

7. How much does the wind batter you and at what speeds do you start to feel it

8. Over a ton it becomes noticeable but you can easly get to 150+ , it’s just not very sustainable - which is a usually a good thing.

I put a touring screen on for Euro trips so I can hang with the sportsbikes down the autobahn.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Give or take, about what Jimmy said. You can sit at a ton all day. Much over starts to get weary Andy

10. I'm with ya on gloss carbon, but Matt I like, and this part matches the front guard and petrol cap surround perfectly. But you could always Matt black paint it Jim ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nice, pulled the trigger on a 939sp. First none sports bike so never lived with a naked

12. Delivery soon right?

13. Tuesday 14th to local dealer (Ducati, before anyone jumps to conclusions) :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Meh....... GET ORF MY THREAD ITALIAN!! (in a "get off my land" stylee) ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Understood :p

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 20.22.52.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Great, now I’ve also got to get a matching front guard :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Don't get the KTM Akra one, you'll need a bloody 2nd mortgage for it :eek:

IMAG0498.jpg

18. Got my side panels, mudguard and rear hugger from them in Matt finish.

Quite like that little screen :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. You mean the small side panels in the frame just below the tank Damo ?? I like them to, might order them next mate.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information